• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Mcguire AFB NJ
    Looked around before i posted and couldn't find anything. I'm very interested in getting a machete, I have one in mind that I really like from BHK BHK Outdoor Gear Just curious if anyone has one or has an any opinion on what I should look for in a good Machete. Thanks alot.

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    But what is a hard steel ?

depends on who you ask. the 1075 in the bhk is pretty good. anything above 440 is good enough for my needs, but some would say otherwise.

I'm no metallurgist, butthe number has something to do with the carbon percentage(high-carbon steel). As you get more carbon, the hardness goes up, but so does the brittleness. Different alloys will also be harder based on the contents. I'm really not the one to be answering your questions though.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i played with the original prototype and it was a very nice blade for sure and it comes with a great kydex sheath. for the money it will be pretty hard to beat. the micarta handles make a huge difference if you actually plan on being on the trail for 3-8 hours clearing.

sajnaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    bfe rockville in
    harbor freight has them on sale for 5.99 it is not one you put in a case to show to your friends but it gets the job done and if i break it im only out 6 bucks. when i first got it it did not have a edge but now it has a nice edge and i am fairly impressed with the quality i clear saplings and thorn bushes with it all day and it has not let me down yet.

Top Bottom