• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    No intrest in subgun matches. The 22 intrest is nothing more than having a subgun I can convert and shoot other calibers. So It's not just a 9mm or a 45 or a 22. I like the ability to change the upper on my M16 and shoot 22, 9mm, and 45. Was looking for a little of that flexibility with my next MG as well.

Not shot an mp5 yet but yes I have shot the M16 with 9mm.

When the weather get better, should be able to schedule some range time and find one of the guys with what ever you are interested in to give a try side by side, which is what friends are for ;-).

Uzi makes a great full size subgun that takes a lot a misuse to fail (seen one fail due to not cleaning, but took years and dozen of cases of ammo, then a few seconds with a spray can of oil was all set to go). However, with the Uzi you are limited to pistol calibers, a few stock options and limited optics (sufficient for a pistol caliber).

Most of the guys have gotten a M16 9mm upper, however, once they got a full size MP5 never used the M16 9mm upper ... due to the better HK mags and generally a smoother shooting 9mm. For flexibility in the US the HK sear is probably number 1 with the M16 being a close second. It is a little easier/lower cost to change uppers on the M16 but you have a few more options with the HK sear (of course our of your price range at the moment for the sear and for some options). The two must haves for the HKs are the MP5k-PDW, which is a nice small sub gun that can shoot with the full size guns, plus the HK53, which is IMO a nicer compact 223 than the 7" barreled M16. Lastly the option for a 308 HK exists with either a HK91 host or a mm23e ($12K) with 308 kit ($5K) later this year.
    pdwrig.gif

This showed up last week in the mail for the M16A1, but a close friend makes a good case for selling and getting a mm23e with .223/308 and in a year 7.62x39.
    shrike_unpacked.jpg

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

I'm pretty sure I'm either going to get an Uzi or a M11/9 at this point. Probably try and shoot some from those who offered. In the meantime.

Now to begin my homework and see what is out there.

I think the two main Uzi makers that can be found are IMI and Vector?

Anyone have input on either of these, or another maker I should look at?

The M11/9 I know SWD and are there any others I should look at?

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

I'm pretty sure I'm either going to get an Uzi or a M11/9 at this point. Probably try and shoot some from those who offered. In the meantime.

Now to begin my homework and see what is out there.

I think the two main Uzi makers that can be found are IMI and Vector?

Anyone have input on either of these, or another maker I should look at?

The M11/9 I know SWD and are there any others I should look at?

Either are good on the Uzi's, it just depends on how the conversion was done on the IMI. Make sure that the blocking bar is removed and it doesn't have the semi auto restrictor ring for the barrel. While kinda uncommon, there are also some sear conversions out there as well. These have a sear married to a gun. I think these are more common as mini's and micro's though.

On the M11/9's I believe SWD is the only maker. There are several makers on the M10's. I like my M11/9, and there are lots of parts/accessories for it. If you want to come up sometime you're welcome to try mine out. I'll go ahead and volunteer hotrodtba's Uzi as well. ;)

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Well the M11/9 made it in to my dealer a few weeks ago and the paperwork will go out next week to begin the transfer to me.

Is this a long process or is it just me. :dunno:

M11-9.jpg

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    If you will be shooting at a range, my choice would be the American 180. A 22LR originally built in Utah has a drum or (pan magazine) with a full load of 177 rounds is fun to shoot.
    As you know ammo is cheap.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    If interested we have a Plainfield converted 30 Carbing that should be in in a few weeks and the possibility of a NIB, never fired M11/9 as well.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Just get the nicest thing you can afford. No matter what you have to spend, there will be a smg in that price range. lol

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    It's been a long time coming but how about an update to finish this off.

I did go with the M11/9. I found an unfired one in NH for a great price.

Looked like this when I got it.
    M11-9-1.jpg

I then placed my order for a Lage' flat top upper for it. It had a 3 month wait time. Along with that I ordered a folding stock and some suppressor goodies for it. Once installed it looked like this:

SWDM11-9-2.jpg

SWDM11-9-3.jpg

Finally about two months after I sent the paperwork for the M11 I ordered a Thompson SG suppressor in 45ACP to use on my M16 45acp upper and to use on this M11/9.

With it installed it looked like this.
    a64455a2.jpg

Below are some video's of me shooting it in a few stages.

First is the standard as it came. I must say this shot very fast!

[ame]http://youtu.be/6VK5_lwMkQI[/ame]

Here is everything put together. I am still shooting the 115 grain so not subsonic ammo. You can tell how much the Lage upper slows it down to make it more managable.

[ame]http://youtu.be/FmpXDi62EEk[/ame]

All in all this thing is a blast to shoot and was worth the wait.

Top Bottom