• Total voters

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Purple? or was that a response to my remington Mosin nagants

Dead serious. It was a reference to the US Mosin Nagants, but in a broader sense, I would feel a lot more secure about the future if the average 13 year old had as good a head on his/her shoulders as you do.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :nono:

Everything coming from Europe is perfect! :D

Then how do you explain Gen4 Glocks? :n00b:

I buy american when I can. But its so hard to find anything that is accually made here anymore.

It should be obvious though that my allegiance is elsewhere when it comes to two wheeled transport. :D

I buy what is the best value for the money and more often than not, its made overseas. Unfortunate but true.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Then how do you explain Gen4 Glocks? :n00b:

I buy american when I can. But its so hard to find anything that is accually made here anymore.

It should be obvious though that my allegiance is elsewhere when it comes to two wheeled transport. :D

I buy what is the best value for the money and more often than not, its made overseas. Unfortunate but true.

It was a joke, because im myself made in Europe. ;)

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I buy whatever is most effective and reliable. When it's my ass on the line or the lives of those I care about... I don't give a damn where it's made.

Enfieldno4mk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I like guns made in America, but I also like guns made in other countries as well. If it is a well made gun, makes a load boom and shoots straight, I probably won't pay too much attention to where it is made.

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I have been buying, selling and trading Handguns for a long time and I usually buy what I think will suit me, sometimes it's the right fit other times not. That's half the fun. I am now on a S&W 3rd Generation kick, and older S&W revolvers, K&N frame, it took 30 years to finally realize how well made these guns are, now they are at a premium, price wise.But I had a lot of fun getting there. I do have some from European Companies also.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Aren't you 13 years old or something? How are you buying all these guns!!?? Can I have some money too? :dunno: :D

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    That's hard to say. Some things I buy from the US. Many things aren't from here. Do I consciously [try] to buy American? Not really, because it's pointless. All of the little things we buy here in this country aren't made here. So if I tried to buy everything 'American' I wouldn't have much to speak of.

The simple truth is that we have ruined our own economy as a society. We refuse to have our taxes raised to supplement our existing expenses, even though we pay some of the lowest tax rates in the developed world... We refuse to embrace anything with the word 'Social' in it, because of the massive indoctrination campaigns feed to us by CNN and FOX. And we've allowed our cost of living to rise so much that it's impossible for companies to bring manufacturing and labour jobs back to this country. If they did, they would come out negative on profite in the double digit millions.

Maybe this was just a question of guns and gun parts... But hell, I had time. Figured I would vent a little. :P

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Several US gun manufactures helped push into place the 1968 gun control act. Prior to that there had been little in the way of federal regulation on firearms other then the tax stamps of the 30's. Since the 1968 act opened the door the federal regulations have grown and rights have diminished.
    Why reward manufactures with my support after they have helped curtail my rights?

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I do when I can, but I've had some really crappy luck with American made parts lately, most recently the Arsenal stock I purchased for my AK. A $2 hunk of polymer that was littered with scratches and markings all over it. I called and asked about it, they responded that they wouldn't take it back because it was normal and to wipe it with a wet rag (which obviously did nothing)... Cost? $50 plus shipping, then another $10 in materials just to get it to fit my Arsenal rifle...seemed goofy.

Some things I just can't buy American. Flashlights being a main one. Brands like Fenix/Jetbeam/Sunwayman/Zebra make incredible flashlights with multiples of US brands output, and generally more features, usually starting around $50. I just can't justify paying 3-4x more for half the features and output.

Now, before someone's fundies get wadded, for every one thing I would rather buy foreign made, there are 10,000 things I would rather (and do) buy American.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I honestly don't try to. I normally buy two guns a week and if they are American made great if not I am still supporting my local and American economy and local gun store (almost always Bradis). Just think how many people are employed by gun purchases. Examples include wholesaler, distributors, advertising firm, shipping company, sales person, person at the gov who says you are a good person and the list goes on. Lesson just buy more guns and you are helping the American economy.

This weeks purchases were S&W 15-22 (just to plink at MCFG) and Ruger LCP. I think both are American but who really knows.

If we were limited to Amercian made we would all run out of toys to buy.

Top Bottom