• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I renewed my NRA membership for two years online a few weeks ago. Today in the mail I received my new card and in another package my "free gift" which consisted of a fairly nice black baseball cap with Velcro closer at the back and embroidered NRA in gold on the front and a embroidered American flag on the side. Flipped the cap over and on the interior I see the tag 100% COTTON MADE IN CHINA. I would think a iconic American institution such as the NRA would use USA vendors and manufacturers for their products. I am a little disappointed to see that label!:patriot:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    They are a not-for profit organization, so the cheapest vendor gets the order... yes it's disappointing, but that's N4P's trying to stay in business.

I got a pathetic little pocket knife from them last time I renewed, but it was, after all, free.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    They are a not-for profit organization, so the cheapest vendor gets the order... yes it's disappointing, but that's N4P's trying to stay in business.

I got a pathetic little pocket knife from them last time I renewed, but it was, after all, free.

No, it was not free, you paid for the gift. Look at the national trade deficit and how much of our foreign debt China holds. Makes no sense compounding the problem one hat, one cheap knife at a time. No sense!Why not make it MADE IN AMERICA and charge a litle more for dues or free gift with 2 year membership?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I renewed my NRA membership for two years online a few weeks ago. Today in the mail I received my new card and in another package my "free gift" which consisted of a fairly nice black baseball cap with Velcro closer at the back and embroidered NRA in gold on the front and a embroidered American flag on the side. Flipped the cap over and on the interior I see the tag 100% COTTON MADE IN CHINA. I would think a iconic American institution such as the NRA would use USA vendors and manufacturers for their products. I am a little disappointed to see that label!:patriot:

You want more of your money going to some USA ball cap company, or supporting your 2nd Amendment rights?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Since you are paying for that cheap chinese-made cap at least they should offer you the option of not getting the cap and having the option to give the money to the NRA instead.
    The price of the cap is money that wont be used to fight legal battles.
    That's where the money is needed to protect our rights.
    I dont want to spend this money on a cheap chinese cap or even a more expensive american-made cap.
    I have caps already.If I want to order more caps I buy them in a store, I dont join the NRA and waste part of the membership (since it's not free but included in your membership) on cap and shipping.
    Imagine if each cap costs $5 to the NRA (plus shipping to send it to you) to send it to each member (4+ million) that's millions of dollars wasted on caps that nobody wear anyway. :rolleyes:

:twocents:

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    NRA already bought them, the damage is done, even if you dont take that hat it won't help the bottom line.

Sunk Cost

Might not be sunk because everytime it is put on a head they get free exposure.

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Since you are paying for that cheap chinese-made cap at least they should offer you the option of not getting the cap and having the option to give the money to the NRA instead.
    The price of the cap is money that wont be used to fight legal battles.
    That's where the money is needed to protect our rights.
    I dont want to spend this money on a cheap chinese cap or even a more expensive american-made cap.
    I have caps already.If I want to order more caps I buy them in a store, I dont join the NRA and waste part of the membership (since it's not free but included in your membership) on cap and shipping.
    Imagine if each cap costs $5 to the NRA (plus shipping to send it to you) to send it to each member (4+ million) that's millions of dollars wasted on caps that nobody wear anyway. :rolleyes:

:twocents:

I don't think I was given a choice in the matter. The "free gift was not anticipated or needed or wanted. The money as I stated earlier would be best spent fighting for our rights on Capitol Hill, not buying cheap Chinese hats to give as free gifts. Yes, I am like you, if I want or need hat then I will buy one, and I do look at "made in " labels.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Apparently you don't look that closely. You should have bought a Toyota Camry. It is the most American made vehicle in production. Instead you bought a focus, which is less than 50% American.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    So you realize that over 50% of the Focus, and about 40% of the F150 come from outside the US, even china, right?

Stick it up your ***. The thread is about the NRA and Chinese made hats. I am not going to start disassembling my cars for you. Nuff said.:rolleyes:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Stick it up your ***. The thread is about the NRA and Chinese made hats. I am not going to start disassembling my cars for you. Nuff said.:rolleyes:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your misguided hate. No need to start insulting people because you don't like the results.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't think I was given a choice in the matter. The "free gift was not anticipated or needed or wanted. The money as I stated earlier would be best spent fighting for our rights on Capitol Hill, not buying cheap Chinese hats to give as free gifts. Yes, I am like you, if I want or need hat then I will buy one, and I do look at "made in " labels.

Yeah they dont give the choice.That's why they suck and waste lots of money that way. :noway:
    No wonder they ask for money all the time, they waste the money you give them on " free gifts" (things they actually pay with your own money) and send you crap (that includes their magazines where lots of money is used to write, print and ship them) all the time thru the mail.:n00b:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of your misguided hate. No need to start insulting people because you don't like the results.

I don't see the escalation from disappointed to hate in anything I said in this thread. As to the insulting people? Not meant that way, only suggesting what anatomical orafice you could place your statement because I see no need to start an inqusition on "where it was made" on everything I own. Look at it as sort of a filing system, we can go back to that another tiime.:):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't see the escalation from disappointed to hate in anything I said in this thread. As to the insulting people? Not meant that way, only suggesting what anatomical orafice you could place your statement because I see no need to start an inqusition on "where it was made" on everything I own. Look at it as sort of a filing system, we can go back to that another tiime.:):

:mods:

Just saying ...

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    I have wanted the organizations that I send money to spend all of my money on their cause and not spending it on crap to send me. If I wanted cheap crap I would go to Big Lots!

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I am astonished that in this day and age, with all the technology and wealth this country has, that someone can't bear to wear a hat sewn in a sweatshop in China, so that an American can work building computers, or automobiles, or jet airliners, instead of sewing hats.

Fortunately, so is everyone else, since the market seems to reflect our actual values, rather than our purported ones.

Top Bottom