Made it to a 1911 pistolsmith's wait list!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I am a little giddy today. I have been in touch with one of the top 1911 smiths in the country, and I am now on his wait list. He said he will actually be able to get me in by December which is insane, because his list is usually measured in years.

I am sending off a stainless Springer for a full house job. I am going for everything, reliability, accuracy, and aesthetics.

I don't care about the BS arguments as to whether or not it is worth the dough, or, factory guns vs custom, or your Smith & Wesson or Para beating my custom all day long, or what have you. For those in the know, it is well worth the money. I am crazy excited, I am happy to share with my fellow gun-owners, and I thank you for your well wishes.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Is it RJF?

I am assuming you mean Red Jacket Firearms, not Richard Fletcher, right? Either would be great, but Red Jacket will likely never do anymore customer-based custom work again with all of the attention generated by their show.

I have wanted a Garthwaite for a long time, I just never knuckled down to be patient and I bought other things. As I have gotten older, my tastes have changed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do as you wish with your gun and money. Customize to your hearts content.
    I get wood just being in the same room with ultra high end 1911's let alone holding and shooting them. I just could not bring myself to spend that much loot and wait on one 1911 when I could have 3 nice custom shop pieces for about the same money.
    Congrates and I wish one day to be as patient as you.

Top Bottom