• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    No one makes better glock mags than glock. They also get much cheaper than $30 each if you wait for sales or hunt around.

$16 before shipping one month ago. Out of stock but these deals pop up fairly often: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/c6kbik/magazine_g17_gen_4_17rd_mags_1569ea_shipping_tax/.

I completely echo this. I got a bunch for $18 a piece with free shipping after tax. Honestly the $5 or so bucks I might save isn't worth the hassle for me.

Perhaps if I was doing high speed mag changes every day I would mark some of them as dedicated practice mags, to not wear out the carry mags, but there is something to be said for training with what you carry. I don't have to think twice, if it fits, its good to go and no mistakes.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    For range fun, practice, or competition I like to use KCI mags with a Wilson Combat extra power spring. I got the KCI's mags that are metal lined for $7 and Wilson Combat sells the extra power springs for $2. When you install the superior spring, you will also want to remove any excess flashing from the inside of the KCI mag. After that, you end up with a halfway decent practice mag for $9.

With the flashing removed and the superior spring, they run great for me...but I still don't use them for carry. I'm not worried about a magazine related malfunction here since my life is not on the line.

It's Glock mags only when I carry. That is when every ounce of reliability counts.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I own a bunch of CZs so when I buy mags for my Glocks, I pleasantly surprised at how cheap factory mags are. No need to go aftermarket when you can often find the factory stuff for about $20 if you pay attention to sales.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Natchez has glock mags on sale plus 10% off. Looks like 33 round 9mms are $26.99 and 15 or 17 rounders $17.99 plus shipping. Not bad...

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I run the pmags in my G19, they work perfect in terms of operational usage. However I dropped one and it blew the base plate off (never happened with a glock factory mag). It went back together and it still works fine.

Only thing that stinks is the availability for aftermarket base plates on the pmag mags, and they don't have individual bullet indicators like the factory mags.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve got both PMAGs and Glock factory mags. They both run great and I never had any issues.

I even have the KCI 33rders which run without issues as well, although every on the internet says they are terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    I bring about pre-loaded 40 mags to the range with me, so I don't have to carry little boxes of ammo. I have a mix of OEM, KCI, ETS, Magpul, etc. I have good luck with all of them, no jam, no FTF, except for 3 Promags. That said, they serve me a purpose. I use Sellier & Bellot in the Promags for malfunction exercises. For some reasons, that combo turns my reliable Glocks into Jam-Omatics. They jam and they don't drop freely either.

Top Bottom