• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I thought about this the other day, and was curious if anyone might know the answer.

How are they planning to address magazines that can be loaded with different calibers, each with a different capacity?

A 30 round .223/5.56 AR magazine is also a 10 round .458 Socom magazine. If legislation is passed that prohibits the sale of 30 round AR magazines, could they just not be sold as 10 round .458 Socom magazines? Or is this somehow addressed in these proposed bills?

Or, would 10 round .458 magazines still be part of the ban?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What're you talking about? I don't own any 30rd AR-15 mags.

I do, however, own a few 10rd .458 SOCOM mags.

What's in them? Oh, 30rds of 5.56 NATO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In typical government fashion they:

a) Don't know the difference between 5.56 and .458 SOCOM
    b) Have not thought that far ahead
    c) Will probably "solve" the problem by having ".458 SOCOM ONLY" printed on the mags if it ever passes (good for us), but make it a crime to use the mag in anything else
    d) All of the above

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    All I've got are 10-round 458 SOCOM mags, too! Wonder how that happened? :dunno:

Actually implementing a magazine ban would be little different than implementing a ban on silverware. You know everyone has it, but what style and how many pieces?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    All I've got are 10-round 458 SOCOM mags, too! Wonder how that happened? :dunno:

Actually implementing a magazine ban would be little different than implementing a ban on silverware. You know everyone has it, but what style and how many pieces?
    Not exactly. The sale of silverware is not restricted.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not exactly. The sale of silverware is not restricted.

Well... Not here and not yet, anyway.

KnivesinEngland.png

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Neither is the sale of magazines, yet.....except by the manufacturers, who all seem to have abandoned us, by withholding product until a pre-supposed ban passes. Then they'll flood the market with current inventory @ 5x,10x,?x the real price. I implore everyone to mark well in their memory the manufacturers and retailers who have cast aside the moral underpinnings of capitalism and customer relations in pursuit of pure profit. Deny them your future business and, instead, remember the few who have stated they will do NO business with state or local governments and LEA's in areas that deprive their citizens of their rights.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Neither is the sale of magazines, yet.....except by the manufacturers, who all seem to have abandoned us, by withholding product until a pre-supposed ban passes. Then they'll flood the market with current inventory @ 5x,10x,?x the real price. I implore everyone to mark well in their memory the manufacturers and retailers who have cast aside the moral underpinnings of capitalism and customer relations in pursuit of pure profit. Deny them your future business and, instead, remember the few who have stated they will do NO business with state or local governments and LEA's in areas that deprive their citizens of their rights.

What mag manufacturers are hoarding unsold inventory?

Top Bottom