• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    How does everyone here manage their various magazines for all their different pistols and rifles? I don't really have room in my safe to store a slew of magazines and currently just toss them in a drawer that I have to shuffle through when I do go to the range and I'm looking for specific items.

Any products available for managing magazines?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Midway usa has some nice mag pouches.
    187534.jpg

972430.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I bought some cheap Rural King plastic ammo cans for like $4 each.......I just keep all my Mags in those and label them with a sharpie. Each can will hold 10 AR mags or a buttload of 9mm mags. Cans are stacked on top of my safe and next to it on the floor.

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    I bought some cheap Rural King plastic ammo cans for like $4 each.......I just keep all my Mags in those and label them with a sharpie. Each can will hold 10 AR mags or a buttload of 9mm mags. Cans are stacked on top of my safe and next to it on the floor.

Stackable maybe even clear plastic cans would seem to be the way the go.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    What I've been doing is using the wall space in my safe. I place all my loaded mags in appropriate mag pouches and hook them on the inside walls with some heavy duty magnetic hooks that I got off of Ebay. Magnets are strong enough that it can hold a fully loaded 6 30 round AR mags in a 3 cell mag pouch. I only store my loaded mags this way. I even have the magnetic hooks on the exterior of the safe to hold my soft zipper style pistol pouches/case.
    Now for unloaded/new mags I store them in those cheap/transparent shoe box sized plastic containers that you can get at Walmart and just put them on the shelf in my closet.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Mounted one of these on the door to manage some of my mags.

647346302773lg.jpg

Put 2 inch wide self-adhesive magnetic tape on the back wall of the safe for more pistol mag storage. Got it at the hardware store. Just line the mags up in a row by type.

craft-and-hobby-peel-and-stick-rubber-magnetic-tape-1-inch-wide-30-inch-roll_1269972.jpg

Use ammo cans for the AR and AK Mags.

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    On the way to the range I use ammo cans, and keep each mag with its ammo. At home I dump all the mags into an ammo can and store that in the safe.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I store loaded mags in ammo cans with the lose ammo it's for. The only ammo I use is 9mm and 5.56/.223 For my 5.56/.223 ammo I put 6 loaded 30rd AR mags in each ammo can and the rest is lose ammo at the bottom. For the 9mm it's 10 loaded G17rd or G33rd mags with the rest of the ammo at the bottom.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Divide them into categories:

Cat I: range mags, most frequently used. Kept in brown tub that had a case of South African 5.56.

Cat II: training mags. Used in gun schools. Numbered, marked with my name in Chinese characters for ready ID in class. Kept in rubbermaid container.

Cat III: reserve mags for various platforms, Glocks, 1911s, G3s, FAL, AKs, ARs. Kept in medium sized (they get heavy if you get too many in them) containers.

Ensure that you get the kind that lock the lid. Storage Boxes | Rubbermaid

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Divide them into categories:

Cat I: range mags, most frequently used. Kept in brown tub that had a case of South African 5.56.

Cat II: training mags. Used in gun schools. Numbered, marked with my name in Chinese characters for ready ID in class. Kept in rubbermaid container.

Cat III: reserve mags for various platforms, Glocks, 1911s, G3s, FAL, AKs, ARs. Kept in medium sized (they get heavy if you get too many in them) containers.

Ensure that you get the kind that lock the lid. Storage Boxes | Rubbermaid

Is it really your name in Chinese? Or is it what someone said was your name, and is really "dumb wide eye".

Top Bottom