• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    There is nothing wrong with innovation however one should understand the process of why we buy into it. I detailed the reasons clearly as to why me, my kids and my gr kids do not have a need for this particular gadget. Many people benefit from them. But consider many new defense minded newbies find it hard to rack a slide that they end up buying the wrong gun because of lacking the knowledge and practice of learning how to rack easily. Magazine Loaders, slide rackers, accessories of the week are great but I will only consider them useful when the need has been thoroughly identified from exhausting the fundamentals correctly. Quite simply I wouldn’t’ use crutches until they help me walk. Then when and where it helps me I will look for an American made version first and foremost as this is where I live. To each their own but my defined character suits me just fine.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    if we are going to rely on gadgets can’t we at least find one made in America where we live. ?

I would rather not.

The economic value created by making an inexpensive piece like a magazine loader isn't going to pay an American a decent wage. The only way it will is if we all agree to dramatically overpay for the device. However, paying a fair (cheap) price for the mag loader generates enough money to pay a decent, living wage to someone in China, Vietnam, Chile, or Tanzania. So I want someone there to make mag loaders.

I would rather the American do something that earns them more money. We don't need more low-skill, low-wage American jobs. Our economy has developed past that.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There is nothing wrong with innovation however one should understand the process of why we buy into it. I detailed the reasons clearly as to why me, my kids and my gr kids do not have a need for this particular gadget. Many people benefit from them. But consider many new defense minded newbies find it hard to rack a slide that they end up buying the wrong gun because of lacking the knowledge and practice of learning how to rack easily. Magazine Loaders, slide rackers, accessories of the week are great but I will only consider them useful when the need has been thoroughly identified from exhausting the fundamentals correctly. Quite simply I wouldn’t’ use crutches until they help me walk. Then when and where it helps me I will look for an American made version first and foremost as this is where I live. To each their own but my defined character suits me just fine.

Just razzing. I would like one that makes sammiches.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I would rather not.

The economic value created by making an inexpensive piece like a magazine loader isn't going to pay an American a decent wage. The only way it will is if we all agree to dramatically overpay for the device. However, paying a fair (cheap) price for the mag loader generates enough money to pay a decent, living wage to someone in China, Vietnam, Chile, or Tanzania. So I want someone there to make mag loaders.

I would rather the American do something that earns them more money. We don't need more low-skill, low-wage American jobs. Our economy has developed past that.

Thats one theory and while we keep coming up with ways to justify supporting the world rather than the homeland we may never know what the best economic policy is. So givin that I will stay in America. Prob a topic for another forum.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Apparently the USA can't buy all of the soybeans, corn, wheat, beef and pork we can produce so it helps our economy to have trading partners.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I need to pick up an uplula for my scorpion....even after a ton of rounds my mags are still stiff as hell to fully load to capacity.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Thats one theory and while we keep coming up with ways to justify supporting the world rather than the homeland we may never know what the best economic policy is. So givin that I will stay in America. Prob a topic for another forum.

I supported American and Indiana workers by buying a Subaru made in Lafayette.
    It's a global market.

Top Bottom