• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    I found some 30rd mags on Brownell's website for $9.99 so I went ahead and got some on back order. I filled out all the shipping and billing info and will be charged when they get some in and my order is sent. After I placed my order I was looking around at others sites and seen on The Sportsmen Guide website that 30rd mags cannot be shipped to South Bend. Brownell's has not sent me anything saying they cannot ship here. One site I found said nothing above 15rds. I searched Brownell's site for mag restrictions and couldn't find anything. I cannot find anything official so I have a few questions.

1. Is there a restriction on 30rd mags being sent to South Bend?

2. If yes, should I cancel my order before I get charged a restocking fee?

3. Should I have them sent to my parents house in Niles, MI if there is no restriction there?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    1. No, there are other threads about this exact topic. I found out the hard way when my order for 30 round mags was cancelled on me. See the thing is there was once some city ordnance it seems but it never was ratified or something like that. So thats why some companies assume there is a policy in place when there is not.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/11191-city_statutes_ordinances.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/77853-re_south_bend_high_capacity_ordinances.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...of_the_2nd_amendment/71535-south_bend_in.html

2. I doubt you'll be able to pursuade them to send you the mags because in order for them to change their policy they'll have to review it with their legal team and Cover their butts, so it'll take too long for them to change I'd think.

3. Yes. I've actually just ordered magazines and sent them to a PO Box in Mishawaka before. But if you can send them to ma and pa's house, go for it.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    SB has tried for years to put a non-enforcable ban on a lot of things in place. Even going so far as a trying to sue walmart and whatnot. They try to spread it wide and far but truth is, it's an illegal city code. But the others are right about trying to get online companies to review it and change their policies. Play CYA enough and you tend to default to "Just in case..." in these sort of events.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I had that problem years ago buying some magazines through some company. I called the company and told them that the ordinance was superceded by a state law. They checked and sent them to me. Getting that done now, probably won't happen with the mad rush on now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe you can send them the Indiana Firearms Pre-emption law that was enacted. Saying that local govt's can't regulate firearms.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Shipping to Niles will have the added benefit of no sales tax as well.

If is an online purchase, Indiana does not require it by law....yet.

However, the seller may add on tax to the price, and might even pay the tax money just in case voluntarily...(if the seller's business is located in Indiana) For states like Cali, that's another matter....

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    If is an online purchase, Indiana does not require it by law....yet.

However, the seller may add on tax to the price, and might even pay the tax money just in case voluntarily...(if the seller's business is located in Indiana) For states like Cali, that's another matter....

Brownells only charges tax on purchases shipped to Iowa and Indiana at the moment.

I would just have them sent to your parents house and be done with it.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    I'm just going to have them sent to my parents house. I was able to change the shipping address without any problems. Now its waiting game. Thanks for your advice everyone.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    we have been all over this in texas.....biggest problem

is the near term availability....all my gun dealer friends either took their inventory for themselves or sold out immediately....none on the shelves anywhere in Houston area...

Top Bottom