• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hahaha. I never pay money for sex, but I guess we all pay in other ways. I do pay $ for magazines though, and they're damned expensive at present. Looking at buying used LE trade-in mags, hoping the springs aren't shot.

Been with my spouse for coming up on 29 years. Trust me it has been expensive and the price seems to keep going up. Damn Inflation! I blame Covid and Putin. At this point I am not really interested in used trade in girlfriends. Even if the body looks to be in good shape there are just to many wear parts.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I'll throw in a little controversy here. :cool:

I chose the striker/polymer pistol platform for self defense that I did with magazine availability and versatility in mind.

- Two mags on the belt carry and cover much better than a single one,
    - If your pistol uses 15 round mags, 17 rounders on the belt cost you little
    - 33 round "fun sticks" are quite handy for vehicle ammo storage, with the benefit of fitting your pistol/PCC and belt carrier.
    Judging by those fun sticks, I'm guessing your striker/polymer weapon of choice starts with letter 'G.' I'm no fan of G,inc but I agree with your ubiquity angle, and your other points.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Judging by those fun sticks, I'm guessing your striker/polymer weapon of choice starts with letter 'G.' I'm no fan of G,inc but I agree with your ubiquity angle, and your other points.

Most of us old 1911 guys were taught to hate Glocks for all the reasons. You just can't argue with the numbers though. Love 'em or hate 'em, Glock has the highest numbers out there in nearly, if not all of the categories. It'd be foolish to ignore this. As foolish to not train to be proficient with them. ;)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think a lot if people carry that extra magazine or two just in case you are not in the usual stats situation where 6rds is enough.
    I've watched several videos mostly from foreign countries that have limited 10rd capacity, and the good guy is dealing with 2+ bad guys. 10+1 goes very quickly. Only one have I seen actually carried a spare magazine to reload. (Is it illegal to carry a spare magazine in some countries?)
    Statistically 6rds will do the job 99% of the time. It's that 1% of the time we should be prepared for even if it's a very small chance to get into that type of situation.
    I'd rather have 8+1 in a 1911 plus an 8rd spare magazine than have to go down to my EDC knife vs multiple bad guys with guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think a lot if people carry that extra magazine or two just in case you are not in the usual stats situation where 6rds is enough.
    I've watched several videos mostly from foreign countries that have limited 10rd capacity, and the good guy is dealing with 2+ bad guys. 10+1 goes very quickly. Only one have I seen actually carried a spare magazine to reload. (Is it illegal to carry a spare magazine in some countries?)
    Statistically 6rds will do the job 99% of the time. It's that 1% of the time we should be prepared for even if it's a very small chance to get into that type of situation.
    I'd rather have 8+1 in a 1911 plus an 8rd spare magazine than have to go down to my EDC knife vs multiple bad guys with guns.

I don’t know about legality. But in the real world, as non-LEO or military, people just don’t reload. The shooting stops when people either run out of ammo or the threat is otherwise no longer a threat. I would never tell a person not to carry a spare magazine, but that 16 round Glock makes a lot more sense then the 8 round 1911 plus an 8 round spare when the rubber meets the road. Keep in mind that my daily carry pistols are less then 10 rounds so I am not good at following my own advise.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don’t know about legality. But in the real world, as non-LEO or military, people just don’t reload. The shooting stops when people either run out of ammo or the threat is otherwise no longer a threat. I would never tell a person not to carry a spare magazine, but that 16 round Glock makes a lot more sense then the 8 round 1911 plus an 8 round spare when the rubber meets the road. Keep in mind that my daily carry pistols are less then 10 rounds so I am not good at following my own advise.
    I carry a spare 19rd mag win I carry my CZ P10F. My point wasn't the round count but having a spare magazine just in case.

In these videos they ran out and had to get away leaving cover for open street.
    Active Self defense channel on YouTube. He has a lot of videos on defensive situations.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For EDC I always carry at least one usually two on me.

To own...like has already been stated, no such thing as too many.
    For me an absolute minimum of 5. After that, im always on the look out for deals and stock up when I can. Prefer to have at least 20.

I can't afford to buy 20 the day I get the new gun, but if it comes with 2 or 3 I will usually pick up another 2 or 3 and then over time as I find deals keep stocking up.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I've watched several videos mostly from foreign countries that have limited 10rd capacity, and the good guy is dealing with 2+ bad guys. 10+1 goes very quickly.
    As our civil society becomes more and more subverted by "The Big Guy" and the radical Left across the board, that statistic is changing. There's rampant crime all over the place, in areas that had no violent crime (to speak of) prior to our current national crisis(es). Effectively, there are no "safe neighborhoods" at this point. Even out in the countryside people are becoming addicted to drugs and turning to crime in their moral decay and in support of their addictions.

Yeah, gonna have to buy more magazines.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom