• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I don't think another hi cap mag ban / awb can be passed in the current gridlocked federal government - I hope that's the case anyway. However, since ammo is flying off the shelves, you have to assume that hi cap mags cannot be far behind.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I don't think another hi cap mag ban / awb can be passed in the current gridlocked federal government - I hope that's the case anyway. However, since ammo is flying off the shelves, you have to assume that hi cap mags cannot be far behind.

Ammo Flying Off the Shelves? Where? All the stores I have been to seem to still have the same if not more ammo of the shelves here lately. The only thing I have noticed in high demand are slugs.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Minimum of 10 high quality magazines for each and every rifle (I have more, but I recommend at least 10). 6 for each pistol.
    That sounds like a reasonable minimum. (And I'm not just saying that because it's the same numbers I use to feel comfortable. :D )

Six pistol mags lets you go to gun school, still leave your carry mag loaded with Big Girl Bullets, and yet have enough mags for the day that you're not having to constantly try to thumb rounds and pay attention to the instructor at the same time.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    We do about a 5 to 1 ratio of 30rd mags to 20rd mags for AR's. 30 per shooter, not per gun, is our minimum but we exceed that. I tend to prefer 20's in a chest rig and hunting as well.

Glocks about 20 each (this covers HD, kits, games, range)

Each shooter gets one set of practice/game mags per caliber.

There are range boxes for each caliber with mags in them that we all share.

If you go to the range your HD mags are not used. If you go gaming your HD mags are left alone and so are the range mags. If a mag turns to crap, or won't drop from all guns, (like that batch of Pmags way back) it becomes a range mag until it is rebuilt or fixed or just stays a range mag.

Then there are your extra mags.

Remember, even during the ban you could get new bodies to rebuild existing mags. I am not saying bank on that, just remember it.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    For an AR-15, you can never have enough MAGPUL mags. The dust cover has a device that keeps the first rounds from pushing against the feed lips. Thus, no feed lip distortion after long periods of storage.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    What is everyones experience with Magpul or other plastic mag feed lip distortion?

How many of you have kept mags loaded and actually seen distortion or failures caused from long term storage of plastic type mags?

Reason I as is most of my AR mags are plastic and kept loaded..

Thansk for honest, no bull, first hand experience feedback, all others not need reply..

TJ

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have a bunch of poly mags for my WASRs and leave them loaded. Going on 6 years now and still fine. I was reluctant when I bought them but once I actually got them in the mail and handled them I was online ordering more. One of my WASRs suffers from slight mag wobble with the steel mags but the polys fit nicely. They say Wilson Master Molder NC,USA. The site I order them from claims they are made from the same materials as polymer pistols.:dunno: I have no reason to doubt them, I guess if it's good enough for a handgun frame it should be okay for a magazine.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What is everyones experience with Magpul or other plastic mag feed lip distortion?

How many of you have kept mags loaded and actually seen distortion or failures caused from long term storage of plastic type mags?

Reason I as is most of my AR mags are plastic and kept loaded..

Thansk for honest, no bull, first hand experience feedback, all others not need reply..

TJ

My department recommends downloading AR mags by 2. However, I have never done that with my personal mags - PMags, Tapco and GI mil-spec - never had a problem with leaving my mags fully loaded.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom