• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Since I love everything about my 642 except the trigger, I'm going to try to get it re-worked. It seems to be the one thing that most everyone agrees on; they come from the factory with a less than great trigger. Several posters mentioned someone on here that did their trigger work, but I can't find the thread to get his name. Would the magic gun smith step forward please?

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Since I love everything about my 642 except the trigger, I'm going to try to get it re-worked. It seems to be the one thing that most everyone agrees on; they come from the factory with a less than great trigger. Several posters mentioned someone on here that did their trigger work, but I can't find the thread to get his name. Would the magic gun smith step forward please?

While he's probably not the same guy, I'd highly recommend that you check with D.O.Reichard dba "Sand Burr Gun Ranch" up in North Rochester. He has a website where you can get more info: www.sandburrgunranch.com.

Mas Ayoob did a write-up on his work in his "Cop Talk" column in American Handgunner a few month back. Check the archives on their site to read it and decide for yourself.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Thank you for your response. I'm hoping to find someone a little closer to home (Indy area), but it that doesn't work out, I just might give this one a try.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Thank you for your response. I'm hoping to find someone a little closer to home (Indy area), but it that doesn't work out, I just might give this one a try.
    call SMITH & WESSON, they did an awesome trigger job on my 657 41 MAG. about 20 years ago for F R E E:rockwoot:

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    You can't beat free! Especially when you've prefaced it with "awesome". Thanks! I'll do that.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Drail is totally correct. The trigger jobs that I have done on dozens of duty J-frames never, I mean never, use light aftermarket springs.

You are wise to look for a pro for your trigger job. Never accept a light hammer or trigger return spring as part of the package, however.

Good luck

Top Bottom