• Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Does anybody use one?

What do you like/dislike about it?

I do not like VFG but this intrigues me.

Seems like it would work well with the way I shoot.

Pics??

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    I have one as seen here:
    207866_1823797947747_1024197587_32022428_4056251_n.jpg

So what do I like about it?

I see this as a dual purpose forward grip. I can comfortably use it as directed (i.e. using a grip where the palm of your hand is on the angled part of the grip and your thumb comes up over the top of the hand guard) but have also found it both functional and comfortable to also grip the rear (angled) part of the grip with the palm of my hand allowing my first finger to naturally rest in the firger groove of the AFG2 using it more like a short VFG.

All in all I am very happy with it (both in form, function and price) and in-fact am awaiting the arrive of a second one to go on my AK.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The other thing about the AFG on my SCAR..... The SCAR has a reciprocating charging handle that will take your thumb off if you like the thumb up mawell grip. People naturally grab that AFG and it's saved a few thumbs.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does anybody use one?

I tried it for a while but later went back to a modified thumbreak grip using a stubby VFG.

What do you like/dislike about it?

The AFG is great if you shoot with the style it was designed for. I don't see much benefit when used on a carbine-length rail.

Seems like it would work well with the way I shoot.

Do you shoot like this?

afg_6-tfb.jpg

When I had an AFG1 on my Bushy M4:

25540_109136992444586_100000448578905_157359_8211705_n.jpg

Last edited:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I've got an AFG2 on my M&P15 and I love it. A previously posted pic shows the thumb in a somewhat ackward looking position, maybe it was just the camera angle. Either way, mine has been very comfortable for me. I'm not a big fan of the vertical foregrips either.

Justdust

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    AFG2 with the smooth insert is very nice on the grip. I love having one. A litlle smaller than the AFG i used to have.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I sold the AFGs and went with AFG2s.... and I also prefer the smooth insert vs. the finger groove.
    I did the exact same thing. And agreed x2.

Basically everything esrice said.. :):

It can be awkward at first, but I actually prefer it over a vert. grip now. I used to use a stubby vert. foregrip as an index point for a thumb break grip, and I think the AFG just makes that grip more comfortable/natural feeling.

Here's another pic like esrice posted.. This being a comparison to other gripping techniques. It may help:

afg8.jpg

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have an AFG1 on my Saiga 12, and a VFG2 on my M&P15. The AFG2 is nice because it fits a wider variety of railed forearms, since it lacks the "wings" the previous model had. I had trouble with the AFG1 rubbing on my Troy Battle Rail with the Troy covers.

It encourages a more secure grip on the forearm which encourages better shooting. I also like to use a stubby VFG (Larue FUG) with the thumb break method on my other rifles.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I was a big fan of Stubby VFG's until i tried my friends DD AR with the AFG1, and after that I had to get one myself. I own both the AFG1 and AFG2 and I like the 2 better personally, with the finger groove insert. It is a much more comfortable grip, but on my M&P I am going to have to change out my barrel for a 16" midlength, and go from there with a midlength MOE grip as the carbine length is just too short to make for a comfortable grip. I'm 6'3" tall with long arms, so it just doesn't feel as natural as a midlength for me.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I use one on my Arsenal AK with a Midwest Industries forward rail. By some strange twist of events, I was sent two when I ordered mine ...and installing two on my rails would look a little more tacticool than I'd be comfortable with. :D Regardless, it's somewhat more comfortable than holding the bare rails, and makes magazine changes easier than when using a VFG.

Top Bottom