• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I really like the look of the Magpul MOE furniture. I was curious if anybody had them installed on their rifle and if they had any pictures. I've seen the ones from the website, but that doesn't do any justice. I want to know how the stuff has held up and what the owner's opinion is! I want to get the stock, forearm and grip. Sleek and sexay!

00-02-03-08-0052.jpg

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The MOE stock is an excellent stock if you do not need the locking feature of the CTR or the QD sling mount. I prefer the stock over the standard carbine stock.

I have not beat the stock to death, but I have shot the rifle in a class or two and use the rifle for work. I have seen very few MagPul stocks destroyed, if they are, they stand behind their product.

I am patiently waiting on the rubber coated MOE grip.

I have heard some internet complaints about the fit of the MOE handguards. They claim they are loose. The make of rifle was not noted in the post.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I have the grip and a CTR stock.

I like the grip. It is the right fit for my hand, has interchangeable pieces to change the size, and has held up with no problems (not that it is subject to huge stresses or other quality grips having a high failure rate) through several high round count training classes.

The stock is similar to the MOE and has also held up well (same disclaimer as above). Buy the rubber butt pad. Not to help tame the awesome recoil (:rolleyes:) of the .223, but to help it maintain a consistent place on your chest during rapid shots.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have the MOE stock and grip in FDE. Great stuff at a great price. I really like the looks and functionality of the fore arm in the MOE line too but I have not tried it. I simply cannot imagine why you would want to spend 2x as much for a CTR stock or MIAD grip. Just my two cents.
    guns015.jpg

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    That's been my thoughts exactly greyhound. Good looking piece up there! I likey two-tone rifles. Had to get rid of my last one due to the "economic downturn" - a sweet RRA with OD green furniture. Now I'm planning a build from the ground up and thinking about the MOE furniture. I like what I see.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    That's been my thoughts exactly greyhound. Good looking piece up there! I likey two-tone rifles. Had to get rid of my last one due to the "economic downturn" - a sweet RRA with OD green furniture. Now I'm planning a build from the ground up and thinking about the MOE furniture. I like what I see.
    Great minds think alike. I am planning on building another one, slightly different, with MOE OD Furniture.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I have the MOE stock and grip in FDE. Great stuff at a great price. I really like the looks and functionality of the fore arm in the MOE line too but I have not tried it. I simply cannot imagine why you would want to spend 2x as much for a CTR stock or MIAD grip. Just my two cents.

Now, for the crux of the matter: does anyone actually have them in stock? Are we still experiencing "Obama Panic" pricing?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    The MOE stock is an excellent stock if you do not need the locking feature of the CTR or the QD sling mount.

Please explain these features in more detail. What is the 'locking feature' of the CTR?

I've been wanting to pick up a CTR, but couldn't justify the $100+ price tag. If I can get essentially the same thing for significantly less, I'd be tempted.

brupert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    The CTR has an additional lever that clamps the stock to the buffer tube. It unlocks when you squeeze the lever to extend or retract your stock. Since it clamps the stock to the buffer tube you do not get the rattle and roll you get from a factory coll. stock. I have to believe this makes it more accurate. You also get the QD attachment points with the CTR stock if that is what you are looking for.

The Magpul furniture should start arriving in stores soon since the mag scare is winding down.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The CTR has an additional lever that clamps the stock to the buffer tube. It unlocks when you squeeze the lever to extend or retract your stock. Since it clamps the stock to the buffer tube you do not get the rattle and roll you get from a factory coll. stock. I have to believe this makes it more accurate. You also get the QD attachment points with the CTR stock if that is what you are looking for.

The Magpul furniture should start arriving in stores soon since the mag scare is winding down.
    Mr. Brupert is dead on. Well explained. My opinion is that the the MOE stock movement is so slight it would not matter. If you were a sniper, maybe it would but who would snipe with a stock like this? Not me. I have a friend back from Iraq whp saw heavy contact and he loves the MOE stock and cannot understand why anyone would want the CTR unless you needed the QD slingmount option.

Top Bottom