• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    According to the Washingon Times and other sources, Magpul is finalizing their move from Colorado to Texas and Wyoming in the first quarter of 2015. I can't seem to post a link because my computer is apparently screwed up. Sorry.

With all of the emotional posts earlier this year on this topic, I thought it prudent to post the news. Surprisingly, I didn't see any other threads on the subject.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This is the real consequence of demonizing people because they choose to exercise their rights; job losses as companies relocate.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Good for Magpul. Tried to talk them into relocating to Indiana, but that doesn't appear to have amounted to much, LOL...

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I don't think that CO understands the full import of this loss. It's more than Magpul. They're going to lose revenue in so many ways. Truckers transporting the materials Magpul used (that's hotel rooms sold, Double Cheeseburgers sold, fuel sold). Other companies that sold materials to Magpul within the state likely going out of business. Executive meetings. Sponsorship and charity support. The list goes on. This will end up having long lasting repercussions that will make TX and WY laugh and laugh and laugh for years to come.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't think that CO understands the full import of this loss. It's more than Magpul. They're going to lose revenue in so many ways. Truckers transporting the materials Magpul used (that's hotel rooms sold, Double Cheeseburgers sold, fuel sold). Other companies that sold materials to Magpul within the state likely going out of business. Executive meetings. Sponsorship and charity support. The list goes on. This will end up having long lasting repercussions that will make TX and WY laugh and laugh and laugh for years to come.
    Agreed!
    I'll guarantee you the liberals there don't understand it! You could haul pallets of hundred dollar bills into the local coffee shop to show them how much they've pissed away over this, and they wouldn't make the connection. It's all emotion with them, facts and reality don't matter, as long as some icky gun company is gone, they don't care.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I suspect the burgeoning pot industry and the increased demand for Cheetos wlll offset magpuls losses. Besides the libs in power are insulated from their actions and ramifications.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Texas?

What about CT, MA or IL? Far more gun jobs in any of those 3 than TX.

Um, no.

Those states may have more firearms manufacturing (of complete firearms) jobs than Texas, but I doubt they have more total firearms industry jobs when you pull in retail, distribution, aftermarket items, parts, etc.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation would seem to agree. This article in The Blaze quotes data from the NSSF on the top 10 states in terms of firearms jobs in 2011. I doubt that CT, MA, and IL have added significant amounts since then. I'll bet Texas has.

Texas is number 2 in the nation with just over 13,000 jobs, behind California (24,000). (California?). Florida is number 3 with almost 12,000. Connecticut and Massachusetts come in at 5 and 4 with just over 8K apiece, and Illinois trails at number 9 with under 7,000. The average wages for Texas are lower....but when measured against the taxes and general cost of living, I expect Texas wages go farther.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Texas is number 2 in the nation with just over 13,000 jobs, behind California (24,000). (California?).

Those aren't manufacturing jobs, just retail.

I don't see Texas having the advantage in manufacturing as it lacks the necessary educational and capital infrastructure that the Yankee states have in bunches.

Of course, if PTR, Stag, Kahr, etc. can all relocate, no reason CMT, Ruger, Colt, etc. cannot.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    . Besides the libs in power are insulated from their actions and ramifications.

Not entirely. Colorado State Senators Morse and Giron were recalled, and State Senator Hudak resigned rather than face a recall election. All were Democrats who voted for gun control laws.

Top Bottom