• ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I never got comfortable with my 870.

After the regular Speedfeed stock that came with it, I tried the Knox Recoil Reducing stock (I hated it for so many reasons), the shortened LOP Speedfeed stock (too skinny), I tried the Magpul SOE stock, and it makes a world of difference. Easily adjustable LOP, and that grip angle is great!

I haven't been out to shoot it yet, maybe this weekend, but I'm pretty optimistic as to performance. Fit seems to make all the difference with a shotgun for me.

Here's the pic: (I added the forend as well-I'm liking it, too)

Rem870.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Anyone else use this on their 870 or Mossberg 500?

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    EdC - thanks for the report!

The fore end comes with a tool, correct?

Did you buy a stockset combo or individual pieces?

Can you give me a ballpark of price and where you purchased? (I'm in the market!)

-J-

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    EdC - thanks for the report!

The fore end comes with a tool, correct?

Did you buy a stockset combo or individual pieces?

Can you give me a ballpark of price and where you purchased? (I'm in the market!)

-J-

$141.66 OTD from Amazon.com ($102.44 for the stock and $29.95 for the forend). Shipping was free through Amazon Prime, but they collect sales tax for Indiana.

The forend comes with a polymer castle nut tool, and it worked just fine.

I think that the stock is worth every penny. The forend is nice, but if I already had a way to mount a light, I may have passed on it.

I've got an MOE light kit for the forend on the way, and a Wilson jumbo safety. I'm also planning on replacing the plastic follower, but haven't made up my mind yet. XS Big dot should be waiting for me when I get home.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You're reading my mind on what to do to a shotgun!

I think I'll probably get a set of sling mounts and a sling, too. Just because.

It'll probably be the Magpul rear sling mount plus a GG&G front mount. Maybe.

I've not decided to get the rail section for a fore end or if I want to get a mag tube extension clamp that has a built-in rail section and a sling swivel.

too many decisions!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I never got comfortable with my 870.

After the regular Speedfeed stock that came with it, I tried the Knox Recoil Reducing stock (I hated it for so many reasons), the shortened LOP Speedfeed stock (too skinny), I tried the Magpul SOE stock, and it makes a world of difference. Easily adjustable LOP, and that grip angle is great!

I haven't been out to shoot it yet, maybe this weekend, but I'm pretty optimistic as to performance. Fit seems to make all the difference with a shotgun for me.

Here's the pic: (I added the forend as well-I'm liking it, too)

Rem870.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Anyone else use this on their 870 or Mossberg 500?

Yep, I put the stock on my 870 Marine, love it. I switched to the magpul barrel clamp too, but it's not on in the pic.

OOps, here's the clamp.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Looks good! I have the 870 tactical and I've been thinking seriously about the same stock and forearm. They are pretty dang comfy! Maybe as a birthday present to myself.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Are you cloning my 870? I love this setup (mine is the FDE & Black). My only initial concern was weight, as it is quite heavy. However, the additional weight soaks up a lot of recoil. +1 for the XS Big Dot as well, a very easy install. I went with a CG&G follower, the Wilson safety and added the Magpul sling mount with a single-point sling. all together this build with added features was over $100 less than the pre-packaged Magpul Edition, and has recharged my love of the 870.

Oh yeah, I added a 6-shot Mesa sidesaddle too, though I'm not overly thrilled with the weight that it adds... Minus this, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more ergonomic user-friendly build.

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I've got an 870 with the factory laminated stock set, 18.5" barrel, +2 extension, etc. I've never shot anything through it but the Fed-Lite 2" 00 Buck loads and am perfectly content with its performance. Still, every time I'm at the range I end up fondling the display 870 that has the MagPul stock. Since I have no perceived issues with my current setup, is there any legitimate reason to pursue the MagPul configuration?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've got an 870 with the factory laminated stock set, 18.5" barrel, +2 extension, etc. I've never shot anything through it but the Fed-Lite 2" 00 Buck loads and am perfectly content with its performance. Still, every time I'm at the range I end up fondling the display 870 that has the MagPul stock. Since I have no perceived issues with my current setup, is there any legitimate reason to pursue the MagPul configuration?

Can depend...

Can get a shorter LOP with the MagPul (And Speedfeed) stocks than come factory. Even for me at 6'3" tall, the factory laminate buttstock is too long for me to be able to comfortably run the gun if I'm square on the target. If I stand like I'm shooting clays - the factory stock is fine.

Top Bottom