• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLEEMAYS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Edinburgh
    I have a HOGUE grip on my DPMS carbine and I like it alot, but I have been debating getting a Magpul grip. What does my fellow Hoosier gunners think? Thanks for the input!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    MIAD???

Well, I like the full grip MIAD kits, both of mine and my sons ARs have them. And with the colder winters here I like the enhanced, winter trigger guards:

M4ACOG.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am a big fan of the MIAD, and Magpul products in general, I have three of the full kit grips.

However, the down side to getting the full kit, is that you have a lot of extra parts once you configure the grip the way you like it. Ideally, it would be nice to only order 1 full kit, figure out your favorite combination and then send in the components you don't use back to Magpul for credit on another grip set-up the way you like it for a spare or another gun. (I know, this ain't going to happen, but a man can dream, can't he.)

But to answer the OPs question, the MIAD is an awesome grip that gives you a lot of features.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    if like the hogue magpul now has a rubberized version of the MOE grip

:orly:

I really like the MIAD/MOE, but decided against it because I really like the rubberized grip (like my Ergo Suregrip) for colder weather. I might have to look into this. . . .

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    :orly:

I really like the MIAD/MOE, but decided against it because I really like the rubberized grip (like my Ergo Suregrip) for colder weather. I might have to look into this. . . .

The rubberized grip is (or will be, I haven't actually seen them available yet) called the MOE+. As with the regular MOE, it will not have the interchangeable front/back pieces, but will accept the various center cores.

As an aside, I got to play with the MBUS for the first time today, on an S&W M&P-15MOE carbine. It's a pretty slick little piece of gear. I don't think I'll be trading in my ARMS or MI sights, but they'll definitely be something to consider for future builds.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    MBUS.... shouldnt that be: MBUPS? For plastic.....;)

If you dont want the enhanced trigger guard than I would buy the MOE grips, but if you buy the MOE grip and the enhanced guard seperately than its pretty close to the full grip in price.

But, I agree w/ BigCraig..... MagPul should take the extras and give us a credit or a PMag.... that would be sweet!!!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom