• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I recently purchased a Magpul MOE rifle stock, rifle buffer tube, spring and buffer. This is the my first time installing a rifle buffer and stock? Is there anything I need to know. Can I use my existing detent that I used with my carbine MOE stock?

I am excited since this should finish my rifle..............for now.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Detent? I'm not sure what you are talking about, but the MOE rifle stock installs just like an A2 stock. You screw on the buffer tube, slide on the stock, and screw in the rear stock screw. No castle nut to deal with, no endplate; it's easy as pie!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need anything else.
    I will let you know as soon as I have it finished.
    I am just waiting for the rifle buffer tube to come in. You can't find those things anywhere locally. I really wanted a PRS but I could not cough up the $250 for the stock. I am really excited to shoot it with the fixed stock since I have only shot ARs with the adjustable ones.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I had the MOE fixed rifle stock and for the money it can't be beat IMO. That being said, I have the UBR now and love it even more.

drewtitans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    GEORGETOWN
    I have 2, 1 on a 458 SOCOM and 1 on a 3gun setup, love the MOE stocks. Ever since I shot a match last year with one of my collapsible setups and forgot to pull it to length before my first stage, I switched to fixed. Really hard to get into the eyebox of a scope when your stinkin head is right up by it... Not again I say, not again. Hope you enjoy!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I got my MOE stock installed yesterday. I hope to shoot it this weekend. I like the feel of it.

Photo%20Jun%2016%2C%206%2049%2046%20AM.jpg
    Photo%20Jun%2016%2C%206%2050%2027%20AM.jpg

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am trying to decide on a sling for the rifle above with the MOE fixed stock. I was think that I wanted to put on my Mamba 3 point but it just doesn't feel right. I put the QD sling connected in the rear hole, might have to buy another one for the front. Kind of ticks me off that Magpul makes you buy each one of the QD point separately. I may use my Magpul MS3 sling. What are others using on their fixed stocks?

archeryman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Looks sharp! I'm in the process of building my first AR, and I haven't even thought about sling options yet. Do you like your Mamba 3 point on a collapsible stock?

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Looks sharp! I'm in the process of building my first AR, and I haven't even thought about sling options yet. Do you like your Mamba 3 point on a collapsible stock?

I do like it. It keeps keeps the rifle nice and close. It is very controllable. I have the MOE adjustable stock and I don't like that I cannot fully collapse the stock with the Mamba. I was reading last night and some people had other suggestions which I'm going to try this week.

jfk1122

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2014
    Marietta
    I just got the MOE fixed stock for my first build, in 458 SOCOM. should I be concerned that there is no castle nut w the recoil of 458? Not worried about my shoulder as much as the buffer tube working loose and catastrophic failure. What has your experience been? Did you use loctite? Thanks for any help you can offer. Best, Joe

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I just got the MOE fixed stock for my first build, in 458 SOCOM. should I be concerned that there is no castle nut w the recoil of 458? Not worried about my shoulder as much as the buffer tube working loose and catastrophic failure. What has your experience been? Did you use loctite? Thanks for any help you can offer. Best, Joe

I did not use any locktite and have not had any issues. I have only shot about 200 rounds through it and my .223 does not have the recoil of the 458. I really don't think you have have any issues but you might want to check the screw from time to time to make sure.

Top Bottom