• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Go MagPul. They also stated they will be moving.

This went out on the wire this morning, and we thought we'd share it with you here:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES LAWSUIT TO INVALIDATE COLORADO GUN CONTROL MEASURES

Denver, Colorado – May 17th, 2013 - Magpul Industries, an Erie, Colorado, based manufacturer of firearms accessories, announced today that it has joined 53 Colorado County Sheriffs and other plaintiffs in filing a lawsuit this morning to invalidate gun control measures recently passed by the Colorado legislature and enacted by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court and establishes that Colorado House Bill 1224 (magazine restrictions) and House Bill 1229 (universal background checks) violate the constitutional rights of lawful gun owners located in Colorado.

Duane Liptak, Director of Product Management and Marketing for Magpul Industries, said that these gun control laws do nothing other than restrict the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves and Magpul is committed to invalidating these infringements:

“Colorado’s recently passed gun control laws are a direct assault on the constitutional rights of the responsible people who live in and visit this great state. These laws will do nothing to enhance public safety and only place unreasonable limitations on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves. While Magpul is currently in the process of moving its operations out of Colorado, we will not turn our back on our native state. Extreme gun control interests have forced the passage of these unconstitutional laws in Colorado, and as a company, we are resolved to restore those rights to the people.”

Magpul’s outside legal counsel, Jon Anderson, of Holland & Hart LLP, said that the Colorado gun control bills are unconstitutional and so poorly drafted that the new laws would be enforced in an inconsistent manner:

“Colorado’s gun control laws are in direct conflict with the U.S. Constitution. In addition, these bills were so poorly drafted that no one agrees on the scope of the government regulation. If teams of lawyers cannot agree on what these bills prohibit, how can we expect citizens to abide by these laws and how can we rely on law enforcement to implement these laws in a consistent manner?”

Magpul will continue to support productive efforts to FREE COLORADO from government regulations that imperil the rights of law abiding firearm owners.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I feel bad for the employees , hopefully every one can go if offered the chance to re locate , but I'm glad magpul has stood up...

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Looks like magpul just got on my "purchase from these guys" list.

They have been on my list for a while. They told Colorado they would move if they passed those laws. As soon as they passed MagPul put out a call to figure out what state to move to. I'm hoping they move to Indiana, we have better Weather and are pretty central to the country. It would also **** Illinois off.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'd be surprised if Magpul can get anywhere with the lawsuit. As far as the employees, I feel sorry for the ones who oppose the gun control measures and the politicians responsible, but I wonder how they stood politically before these laws were passed.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Anyway you look at it Magpul's solidarity pertaining to the 2A is to be commended, no matter the outcome of the lawsuit.
    My hat is off to them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I sure hope they win and can deliver a defining legal blow to all those liberal freedom hating bastards out in Colorado and around the nation.
    If we all band together and don't compromise we can get our rights back.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We need MORE people in this country like this. They stand up for whats right and make decisions based on the good of the people of this country, not just on whats profitable for them. Awesome, i'm thinking of just sending magpul 100 bucks for a paperclip that i will then donate that paperclip back to them. just awesome

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm currently a magpul customer but might buy a few things I will need in the future... I'm so glad they are fighting back against ridiculous legislature.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    me thinks I will wait and buy from Magpul AFTER they move...no reason to give my hard earned $$dollars$$ to the state that they are leaving.
    I'll wait until they sprout up elsewhere and then place my order.
    Thanks for the post - good on ya for the reporting.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    me thinks I will wait and buy from Magpul AFTER they move...no reason to give my hard earned $$dollars$$ to the state that they are leaving.
    I'll wait until they sprout up elsewhere and then place my order.
    Thanks for the post - good on ya for the reporting.

Same. I'm not just going to hand Colorado some tax revenue on my sale. I'm committed to buying from Magpul and HiViz the moment they open shop outside of Colorado. And by open shop, I mean move out of the state.

Top Bottom