• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    Let's make sure that Magpul stays true to their word and leaves the state of Colorado. The democratic legislators revised the ban to let Magpul keep selling to out of state buyers, just not to Colorado residents.

Colorado lawmakers move forward on new gun-control measures | Reuters

I hope Magpul stands by their word to leave the state, exception or not, and I believe they will. However, if the stay a boycott is called for, no doubt.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Let's make sure that Magpul stays true to their word and leaves the state of Colorado. The democratic legislators revised the ban to let Magpul keep selling to out of state buyers, just not to Colorado residents.

Colorado lawmakers move forward on new gun-control measures | Reuters

I hope Magpul stands by their word to leave the state, exception or not, and I believe they will. However, if the stay a boycott is called for, no doubt.

They said they would move whether they were exempted or not.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    really? boycott magpul for not moving? that is just silly.

Definitely. It's not Magpul's fault that the laws in CO could possibly shut them down. They have a good business and I'm sure they didn't get there by making bad business decisions. Remember the bills aren't laws yet. IMHO we should support Magpul even more.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Magpul hasn't done anything wrong, they didn't support the state ban. If they cannot financially support moving, then they should stay where they are. If anything, having Magpul stay might make it more likely for then ban to be overturned later on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Magpul can do as they wish but IMO they would be hypocritical to make the statements they have originally made and remain in a state and manufacture a product that would be banned in that state.

If I remember correctly they have stated the same thing as well from one of their original statements.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is from Magpul's FaceBook page:

Magpul Industries Corp.
    We're hearing some rumors that the Gov and the Dem caucus think we are bluffing. Just to clarify for them, then...we're not a political company. We dont play political games. We've made our position very clear, very publicly. We would not survive lying to our customer base, nor would we ever consider it. If you pass this, we will leave, and you will own it. We've already got plans in place to get PMAG manufacturing moved rapidly, and the rest of the company will follow. We will make sure to at least have a small remain-behind operation through the 2014 elections so that we can remind folks why we are gone.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I know it's somewhat childish of me but I had just had to fire off a note to the Govenor of CO:

Please keep pushing this bill! We have several cities in Indiana that could use a fine company like Magpul. Your state is a laughing stock to Americans like me and your inability to consider unintended consequences is what makes you so. Roll another fatty dude!

I just can't imagine how short sighted he is.

You can follow the saga on Magpul's FB page here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/magpul?fref=ts

Top Bottom