• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I ordered some mags for my Shield at the end of May from S&W customer service. I got a post card from Smith about a week later, saying they were back ordered.
    I called them today to follow up. The 7 round mags supposedly will ship "sometime" this month. The eight round, not until September.
    The customer service guy said they had some vendor issues.
    These were 9mm, I didn't ask but I would guess the .40 cal is the same.
    So it goes!

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah, this was one of the major deciding factors in trading away my Shield. No accessories, no mags, no real timeline on when they'll be available. I'll definitely buy another when the're more plentiful, but for now, I'll go with the M&P9.

What's up with manufacturers starving the supply line? They can't really be 'backed up', can they? Are they keeping production slow because it's an election year?

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Thanks! My LGS has them on back-order with one of his regular suppliers. He's a good friend so I don't mind giving him a few extra bucks when I buy. I'll have him check out 44MAG.com on Monday.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was able to pick up 2 8 round shield mags on eBay and had them at my house 2 days later. The price was consistent with what you would pay at a LGS. I know some people don't like eBay, but if you're not against it, check it out.

Top Bottom