• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was going to ask if you changed grip screws or even put them in different locations on the gun.

I've filed the ends of a lot of grip screws in the past. The short screws for the thin grips and bushings aren't always short enough.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was going to ask if you changed grip screws or even put them in different locations on the gun.

I've filed the ends of a lot of grip screws in the past. The short screws for the thin grips and bushings aren't always short enough.

I am hoping the specialty hardware places here in Lafayette address my loose screw problem. My fault for not insisting on spares when I had everything re-fitted last year.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait.

Is this thread seriously the perfect setup for the observation that Kirk might have a problem with loose screws?

:D

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Things like this are the reason humans invented files. Over the years I have had to file a bunch of grip screws shorter to keep them off the magazine. One other item to look at on sticking magazines is the bottom tab on the sear spring that protrudes through the back wall of the mag well. I have seen a lot of magazines scrape on those because of variations in frame dimensions and sear springs. That problem can cause the trigger pull weight to change depending on if there is a mag in the well or not. There really are NO drop in parts on a 1911. You must check EVERYTHING for proper fit and clearance. Even magazines and ammo.

Top Bottom