• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think mail in ballots is a great thing. It would allow me to gather as many as I can and fill them all out and because of the sheer number of mail in ballots there is no way officials would be able to validate them all even if the election results were postponed for weeks... Yes, the previous statement is bright purple!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D But true about the inability to validate and count them in a few hours.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh yeah, sure the USPS is efficient.

Haven and I both placed orders last weekend at Midway. He had his shipped UPS ground, Mine went the cheap route using Mail Innovations. (UPS to the destination, USPS last mile)

Both shipped out of the Independence, MO warehouse on Monday.
    His order arrived Tuesday.
    Mine arrived Today.

Two shippers, 3 day difference in speed to go the same distance. I cant imagine how much slower it would have been had UPS not covered most of the ground from MO to IN.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I think instead of mail in voting, 24 hours of voting.

Nationally ALL the polls open on 9A ET.
    They remain open a full 24 hours and close at 9AM ET on the 4th.

Everybody has plenty of time to vote in that scenario. Dont want a crowd? Go at 2am! You work 8-5 and your boss is an ass? Go at 9PM after dinner and everything else is done!

Almost never a reason not to go because you cant get off work, or are busy with other commitments. Other commitments should be avoided because there is no secret when you will need to vote... and if you cant plan ahead 2-4 years and know not to schedule something that day that may prohibit you from voting (and also cant request an absentee ballot) you dont deserve to vote. Can last minute things pop up? sure. :poop: happens. but that doesnt happen to enough voters to change the rules.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And I think instead of mail in voting, 24 hours of voting.

Nationally ALL the polls open on 9A ET.
    They remain open a full 24 hours and close at 9AM ET on the 4th.

Everybody has plenty of time to vote in that scenario. Dont want a crowd? Go at 2am! You work 8-5 and your boss is an ass? Go at 9PM after dinner and everything else is done!

Almost never a reason not to go because you cant get off work, or are busy with other commitments. Other commitments should be avoided because there is no secret when you will need to vote... and if you cant plan ahead 2-4 years and know not to schedule something that day that may prohibit you from voting (and also cant request an absentee ballot) you dont deserve to vote. Can last minute things pop up? sure. :poop: happens. but that doesnt happen to enough voters to change the rules.

I think the problem seems to be finding people to man the polling places. I thought something similar - just open up more polling places.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the problem seems to be finding people to man the polling places. I thought something similar - just open up more polling places.

True, but its still a better solution than mail-in. Thats a literal nightmare. ESPECIALLY with that recent judge's ruling that accepting ballots presented late without a postmark were still legal. I'll lay dinner at Fogo that the judge is a Democrat/Dem appointee.

I could kinda see it if it were an on time postmark. But NO proof it was "on time"? Sorry, ballot is no good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They were more than happy to discount many military votes, because of the lack of postmark.
    But now that they think it will benefit them...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They were more than happy to discount many military votes, because of the lack of postmark.
    But now that they think it will benefit them...

And when the crow about winning the popular vote, they don't mention that in many states they stop opening and counting absentee ballots at the point where the unopened ballots are considered to be not enough to change the outcome as it stands when that decision is made

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah... Mail-in voting isn't even close to absentee voting. The following is a prime example of the difference.

Nevada Sent More Than 200K Mail-In Primary Ballots to Wrong Addresses
    One-sixth of Clark County mail-in ballots were sent to outdated or undeliverable addresses

Pretty much every one of these failed ballots would not have happened to absentee voters as they have to (a) be alive and (b) explicitly request the ballots and provide their current address. That quantity of ballots is far more than the votes critical to determine some national elections.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All the denials by democrats and the press seem more like gaslighting to me. There are obvious flaws which could easily be exploited, and could be very difficult to detect if you’re not very eager to detect them. Just look at the judges who order votes to be counted under dubious circumstances. Not only do democrats seem reluctant to detect fraud but even eager to deny that it could happen. Reminds me of the audacity to **** on my back and tell me it’s just raining.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [h=1]SHOCK: CBS Experiment Proves Mail-In Ballots Could Be a Disaster[/h]This isn’t something you see often on network television. CBS on Sunday did an experiment to determine just how safe mail-in ballots will be in November. CBS Weekend News journalist Tony Dokoupil set up a campaign “headquarters” and mailed 100 “ballots” to himself through the U.S. Post Office. The results were not encouraging. They also refute the dismissive tone of other journalists when covering Donald Trump’s concerns about mail-in voting.

So of our one hundred ballots, 97 arrived, which sounds pretty good unless you consider the fact that that means three people who tried to vote by mail in our mock election were, in fact, disenfranchised by mail. In a close election, three percent could be pivotal, especially in what’s expected to be a record year for mail-in voting.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/sc...eriment-proves-mail-ballots-could-be-disaster

Top Bottom