• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So this might sound dumb but I never thought of it before. Is it legal to purchase a gun from a individual not face to face within the same state. I saw something on the classifieds but it is way to far to go. Can I send a check and such and they send the gun. I assume not. I know out of state and ffl middle men but individual to individual. Thanks

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Its my understanding that rifles you can but a handgun must go thru an ffl. Most wont go thru the hassle however, to send a rifle either, due to the cost and finding a shipper near by that will do it. Believe it would have to be FedEx or Ups as the postal serice definitely will not.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Mail? Not handguns. You have to have an FFL to send a handgun through USPS.

But a long gun through the mail, or a handgun through FedEx or UPS? I do think that would be legal.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Handguns may be sold/purchased by private parties both residents of Indiana and over the age of 18, without an FFL. Obviously they must both also be a "proper person".
    USPS is a no-go.
    Fed-Ex or OOPS will both ship handguns, but they are supposed to be declared to the shipper. This drastically raises the price to ship.

A "receiver" as in an AR15 receiver should have no problems being shipped through either Fed-Ex or OOPS.
    Being a receiver, it is technically not a "handgun", but I think I would still declare it.

Top Bottom