• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    If this is dupe please direct me to the thread I searched and maybe I was to specific/not specific enough.Anyway,I have some ammunition I may need to ship,I really dont mind 3 hour drive,ya I do,I know that USPS will no longer ship,so I need a UPS store,one in Kokomo,now my questuion,anyone used this store to ship ammo,I dont want to do all the boxing etc.and then have the argument of we dont do that,can I ship in wooden crate it came in?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If this is dupe please direct me to the thread I searched and maybe I was to specific/not specific enough.Anyway,I have some ammunition I may need to ship,I really dont mind 3 hour drive,ya I do,I know that USPS will no longer ship,so I need a UPS store,one in Kokomo,now my questuion,anyone used this store to ship ammo,I dont want to do all the boxing etc.and then have the argument of we dont do that,can I ship in wooden crate it came in?

I'm not sure I would want to ship in the original container do to the fact that everyone can see the contents. Ammo and the such has disappeared in the past.

Leave it in the crate but put the crate inside a box would be my suggestion.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Unless I'm mistaken you can no longer use the ORM-D label (no longer allowed starting January 2014).

Or you could use one of the new diamond labels, that way there is nothing on the label to reveal what is inside.
    This ^^ Use the line/diamond label.

FWIW, I don't believe UPS Stores will take ammo, it has to be a Service Counter (usually located at the UPS hub). I've shipped 20+ packages of ammo in the last few weeks and haven't had any problems with the line/diamond label at the UPS Hub Service Counter... Last time I did a drop my wife and I both carried in an arm-load of packages (over 100 lbs of ammo) and the lady said, "If that is already paid, just set it on the counter over there and you're good to go".

IMHO, sign up for an account on UPS.com, sign up for their small-business discount and print your label online, you would be absolutely surprised the difference between retail UPS rates and business rates. A package of 6 boxes .22 lr to Florida that quoted retail for $37, shipped business discount rate for $23 using my online business account...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, if you cant use ORM-D, two different internet vendors havent heard. My last three shipments, all this year arrived with the more generic blue label that didnt specify WHAT was in there. (just "ORM-D") In fact, I just checked my case of Wolf Gold that was shipped without being reboxed, and it was preprinted with the ORM-D box, and there is a diamond shaped cutout where something USED to be stuck to the box. Kinda wonder if that last vendor was cheating to try to reduce his shipping costs, even though he passed it on to me?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Interesting... UPS says ORM-D can be used until Dec 31, 2020, but the article I saw about the new 49 C.F.R. regulations said the ORM-D labels were no longer allowed after Dec 31, 2013...

IMHO, I would use the diamond anyways. It should relieve you of any liability of using the wrong label and it is more discreet (note that UPS says you must mark the package "Cartridges, Small-Arms" with the use of the ORM-D label).

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County

https://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_US

You'll need to use the one on Touby Pike.

Top Bottom