• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Anyone here have this in their Ruger MkIII? If so does it work as stated? Sure would be nice not to have to take the pistol apart to remove the bolt when cleaning it.:xmad: BTW, it appears it is stainless is that true?

Majestic Arms 3.2 Speed Strip Kit Ruger Mark I, II, III, 22/45 - MidwayUSA

Another question, does anyone make an extended mag release for the MkIII? I saw somewhere someone used to make one for the MkII but discontinued it. My thumb just won't quite reach the release button without having to cock the pistol to the left when moving my hand to get to it. Been reminded that once or twice at FNS.:rolleyes:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I literally just finished installing one in my MkIII 22/45. I already had the bushing to disable the magazine disconnect, so I didn't order that.

Lo, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Actually, it wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't futzed up the position of the sear. Remember, folks, if you bump the safety out of place, the sear is under spring tension and will flip down and out of position. Everything will seem to go back where it belongs except the hammer will swing loose and when you reassemble it, the lever on the mainspring housing will not want to close completely and the bolt will not travel rearward at all. If it does this, disassemble your pistol again, push the hammer pin back out, reach in and readjust the sear so that it interfaces with the hammer properly. Then replace the parts and try again. If the hammer doesn't require you to pull the trigger in order for it to move completely forward, (if it doesn't stay cocked when drawn back) you have done something very wrong. Something very, very wrong indeed.

Other thoughts:
    1. When they suggest certain punch sizes, take them at their word and get the right tools out. You will be moving the hammer strut and pin to the new hammer, and replacing the bolt stop on the mainspring assembly. This will require you to drive out two half-heartedly staked pins and drive them back in with the new parts.
    2. The trigger pull seems to have improved slightly, but it isn't a night and day difference.
    3. They sent it out fast with quick notification of shipment.
    4. Yes, the parts are both stainless.
    5. No one tell Kcustom45 about this post. I've got his kit here, and when he installs it, I want him to suffer the same horrible fate that I did.

Last edited:

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    5. No one tell Kcustom45 about this post. I've got his kit here, and when he installs it, I want him to suffer the same horrible fate that I did.

I see how it is. The way I see it since you are an expert on it now I can just drop off my gun and you can do it for me in 10-15minutes.

While you are at it I guess you might as well give the gun a good cleaning since I haven't cleaned it in awhile. :D

Top Bottom