• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    Ok, I have a SKS-M para. I love this gun, but im not too happy with the standard wood thumbhold stock. its a GREAT stock im just lookin to change this rifle out to fit my "battle rifle" needs, but have not been happy with the various SKS stocks i can buy.. Any ideas on what i should do?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Sell it to me and get your dream battle rifle. I would love to have an M para. Seriously though, what are you looking to do to it? I'm planning on a bullpup stock for one of mine, The other is a russian and will stay stock

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    sks

I was lookin for a ati ultralight folding stock, and just modifying the stock a few to my liking. but i just aint really found any stock i could buy that i like for it.

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    SKS-M para

My idea here with this is sort of crossbreeding a Yugo m70ab2 with a m-14 EBR. Just kinda experimenting with ideas.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    The ATI stocks are hit or miss. I had one, didn't like it, went back to stock. There are some nice stocks out there, just have to search and research. Then when you are done, post some pics for us to check out!

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    SKS-M para

Yeah i will post pictures as soon as i figure it out. Im really new to this site. i got banned for "spamming too for 2 days, was trying to be able to PM.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Probably a Tapco T-6 is your best bet. While some of the black rifle crowd has mixed opinions on Tapco, their SKS stock is pretty good and gives you a similar feel to the AR platform. The AK mag capbility of the SKS-M offers some great advantages as well.

TAPCO® INTRAFUSE®

I had long considered doing and SKS-M + Tapco T-6 + Tech sites or maybe even a scout mounted red-dot as a nice battle rifle, but instead put the same $$$ into a budget build AR.

I do have a T-6 stock on my current Yugo SKS and have been very pleased with it. I've also had some of the other non-fixed lenght stocks and think this is the best one out there.

Alternatively, you could try to make your own side or underfolder, but that would tie up some serious $$$ and require some good fab skills.

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    Yeah i was leaning toward something different. i forget the name of the other stock i was looking towards but it was collapsable and a side folder. Ill probably end up selling this SKS cause its sort of rare i dont want to really ruin it. leaning towards just getting a ak to mod and a m-14 or something of that nature

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    SKS-M para

Im uploading two pictures from my phone so there not the best quality. but ill get more up soon once i get a better digital camera

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    SKS-M para

picture.php

Dminnick6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Muncie
    I dont have very good pictures from this phone. doesnt show it justice. Clean as a whistle though, nothing is wrong with it, looks brand new. im the only person that has shot it, and was only like maybe 30 rounds

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Probably a Tapco T-6 is your best bet. While some of the black rifle crowd has mixed opinions on Tapco, their SKS stock is pretty good and gives you a similar feel to the AR platform. The AK mag capbility of the SKS-M offers some great advantages as well.

TAPCO® INTRAFUSE®

I had long considered doing and SKS-M + Tapco T-6 + Tech sites or maybe even a scout mounted red-dot as a nice battle rifle, but instead put the same $$$ into a budget build AR.

I do have a T-6 stock on my current Yugo SKS and have been very pleased with it. I've also had some of the other non-fixed lenght stocks and think this is the best one out there.

Alternatively, you could try to make your own side or underfolder, but that would tie up some serious $$$ and require some good fab skills.

Yeah, I put a red dot on my sks and after a few hundred rounds, the recoil of the sks ruined the red dot, by moving the red light itself from center of scope to upper right of scope. The ironsights are nice, I'd stick with the ironsights, and go tapco t6 on the stock....It's nice and sturdy!

Last edited:

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Bylooking at your stock, you have a good pistol grip hold on your rifle....I'd save the time and money and just duracoat the stock black.....you might be able to shave a few inches off the end of the butt stock and finish it niceley....I wouldn't mess with that rifle too much, she looks good, u should invest in mags and ammo!

Top Bottom