• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It would be easier to program shooters to not shoot innocent victims. You start that with a good set of values given as they are growing up. Build on the program with a solid community that values respect and self reliance. Add good role models and you will have a much more practical way of minimizing murder.

The idea that you could program a gun to make all the right decisions is standard liberal thinking at it's worst. They don't trust people and always look for an external constraint.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Loading_video.gif

loading-1.gif

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    As fast as they would do this to guns, someone will be just as fast with a way to defeat it

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Man that article was pretty pie in the sky. My smart phone GPS stops working in any Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, movie theatre, school, church, large building situation I'm in. You know, today's active shooter list of favorite targets. (sigh)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and of course, even assuming the tech could be made to work reliably (as long as we are in fantasy world), in order to meet the goal of the world being a "safer" place, they would have to confiscate and destroy all non-smart weapons....which is the goal in the first place.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I said, typical liberal thinking. It's not about holding people responsible for their actions, it's about building some huge bureaucratic system that will prevent people from making wrong decisions. If this system were somehow created, those same liberals would then call for it to be shut down when some liberal asshat made a game of showing how effective it is by trying to shoot their kid in a church, and actually shooting him. These people are all about irresponsibility with external constraints. It's like someone that wants to drive by bumping off of guard rails. If something dangerous exists, put a guard rail around it instead of simply not driving into it.

We are living in a world where the stupid are running rampant and looking for stuff to protect them from their own stupidity. Sadly, they procreate at a rate faster than the intelligent do.

WldBill423

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Just as long as we arm the opposition with ones that use Vista, I'm ok with it.

Now, someone pass me my eye-bleach so I can move on with my day.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    homer_facepalmdumb_zps198780bf.jpg

Hey speaking of bad ideas, many years ago wasn't there some scheme to match a ring you wore as a lock to a handgun. In other words the ring on your hand unlocked the gun. With out the ring you could not fire the gun?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom