• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The police will pay $75 for a handgun. Last time I checked you could pick up JENNINGS, BRYCO and DAVIS pistols for $50 to $60 each. My only question is how many they will let us "sell back" to them? :rolleyes:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/chicago-police-set-another-gun-buy-back-program.html

Chicago police are once again looking to get guns off the streets by offering up to $100 for weapons that are turned in.

The department's Gun Turn-In will be held at 22 locations around the city on May 8.

Police will give a prepaid credit card for each weapon that's turned in. They're giving $100 for each "assault weapon", $75 for guns and $10 for BB guns, air guns and replica guns.

Officials say police won't ask any questions about the guns or the people who are turning them in. Police say all guns that are turned in will be destroyed.

Guns can always be turned in at police stations, but to get the credit cards, they must be turned in on May 8.

The gun turn-in program has been held for several years.

--Associated Press

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is why gun buy backs don't work. A lot of the guns that get turned in are the broken pieces of you know what. It's a good way to get more money than you would by trying to sell it otherwise. I wonder when the lib-tard idiots will ever figure this out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Good to see Chicago politicians giving killers yet another opportunity to get rid of a vital piece of evidence!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    They're giving $100 for each "assault weapon".

I curious as to how they will define something as an assult weapon or not. Probably by looks. "If it looks evil than it must be evil"

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Ya know...I think I have a cigar box with a dozen junk Jennings, Rgs, and an Iver Johnson as well as a badly screwed up H&R...wonder how many I could dump...oh...wait, I would have to go into Chicago?...Nevermind....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I curious as to how they will define something as an assult weapon or not. Probably by looks. "If it looks evil than it must be evil"

Hmmm, memo to self: self ensure to spray paint Jennings black before Chicago evidence destruction, er, I mean gun buy back and tape magazine to front of tape so stupid Chicago liberals think it is assault weapon.

FYI: for you non-Chicago people, remember spray paint is illegal in Chicago, you have to paint your assault weapons here.

Last edited:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I know a guy who went to one of these "buy backs" at a church here in Indy. He stood outside "shopping". The church was paying $50 per gun and he payed an old woman $75 for some antique pistol...I cant remember what it was. She had no diea what it was either (or, more importantly, what it was worth). Anyway, he ended up selling it for several hundred dollars.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since the ATF doesn't know the difference in airsoft and real assault weapons, I wonder if Chicago will be paying $100 or $10 for those?:D

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    Funny, They get the money from their non working junk so they can purchase a 30 rounder and ammo for their working one. Then Daley will parade the junk and say how many lives were saved. :dunno:

Top Bottom