• GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No... NO... NOOOOO!

That sucks. I love makers. Quick story:
    A friend and I were backpacking the 70 mile stretch through the smokies on the AT a few years ago when on the 4th or 5th day we ran outta booze...
    We talked and dreamed about "nature providing" because we were stupid.
    Low and behold the NEXT morning after we packed up camp and were getting back to the trail there she was! A fresh bottle of makers that had maybe a sip out of it under a tree on some green moss.
    I had to double take and blink my eyes a bunch and yelled for my friend to move with a purpose. That was an awesome find if I do say so.

Just thought I'd share

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    is it sad to say i have never tried MM. i love rum, jack and jim dont exactly work well with me, absinth makes my mouth go numb, jager just tastes like ass to me, and vodka isnt too bad depending on what i put in it (blackberries and blue berries) but there is a new drink i heard about on bob and tom the other day, its called a BLT, you make a bloody marry but use bacon flavored vodka

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I don't know how I feel about this. I liked Maker's when I was younger, but don't drink it much now as I feel there are better sipping bourbons out there. If they can match the taste profile of the old stuff I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. But now you're paying the same amount for a bottle and getting less. I get the feeling that most people won't even notice (I didn't even know they were watering it down until I read this topic).

Are they diluting Maker's 46 too?

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Buffalo Trace wouldn't even think of such a thing.
    Adding water for anything unnecessarily.

Ohhh!!!

We are talking about***Makers Mark sry got off topic :D
    I love the small batch Knob Creek as well as Basil Haydens which is in my top 10,
    Iv'e been finding great prices on these at meijer.

Some of yas should cross over the creek to get a sample of the other sauce.:laugh:

Last edited:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Since it's resurrected, everyone knows that Maker's backed off of this, right? I'm sure the negative publicity was going to hurt sales, so they reconsidered.

Top Bottom