• throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    That is amazing.
    I am drooling.

So any extra weight at end of barrel increases lock time on a locking-lug/tilting (browning design) barrel, right?
    And gas redirection mitigates muzzle rise, right? Can these two things go "too far" and overcompensate or have too long of lock time (if that's even possible)??

What is the inside diameter of the comp, .41?
    Again, it looks great!!!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I think "lock time" is a non issue, look how many open gun shooters there are with comps on extremly fast guns that run into 10's of thousands of rounds, wth comps much larger then this.

On high pressure rounds like 10mm the only potential downside is the additional length and muzzle blast......which is debatable as a downside:)

Gas redirection minimizes muzzle rise and reduces recoil impulse and also reduces the beating the gun takes by reducing the pressure being used to cycle the slide. Compared to my Sig 220 Elite in 10mm this is a ***** cat to shoot and I consider the Sig to be a great shooter.
    plus another side benifit is I can recover my brass, the1250 fps 180 gr loads eject onlyabout 8 feet away.

As far as barrel tilt this comp is pretty hollow insde and does not weigh much and has no percievable effect.
    The exit hole on the comp is .423

Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think "lock time" is a non issue, look how many open gun shooters there are with comps on extremly fast guns that run into 10's of thousands of rounds, wth comps much larger then this.

On high pressure rounds like 10mm the only potential downside is the additional length and muzzle blast......which is debatable as a downside:)

Gas redirection minimizes muzzle rise and reduces recoil impulse and also reduces the beating the gun takes by reducing the pressure being used to cycle the slide. Compared to my Sig 220 Elite in 10mm this is a ***** cat to shoot and I consider the Sig to be a great shooter.
    plus another side benifit is I can recover my brass, the1250 fps 180 gr loads eject onlyabout 8 feet away.

As far as barrel tilt this comp is pretty hollow insde and does not weigh much and has no percievable effect.
    The exit hole on the comp is .423

Thanks

You already know right.......:)

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    AllenM, awesome job on the 10mm! Fantastic round and a very well done pistol. Comps have little to no affect on lock-time as you stated.

Andy

Top Bottom