• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    It looks great! I have heard of using a file for making a knife. One guy at work used a file and then used Deer Antler for handle. It looked great!

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    man thats lookin good how long did it take you to get that far??? and will a lawn mower blade really work??

I hope so, maybe cubby or tim or someone smart can chime in, I have some bent blades from when I worked for a landscaping company...

Anybody know what exmark blades are made of?

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    It took me 2 nights working on it and one afternoon.... probably about an hour each time.

So 3 hours of work. But that was a lot of trial and error. I could remake this knife in the same mild steel in about an hour now that I have figured out a few tricks with the tools.

I am going to pick up a belt sander and that will speed up the process!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I hope so, maybe cubby or tim or someone smart can chime in, I have some bent blades from when I worked for a landscaping company...

Anybody know what exmark blades are made of?

will it work? probly. but. you are going to spend ALOT of time with it. straightening it. getting it all pretty. making it into something you will be proud of. a tool you will want to use.

do you want to get all finished sweating, slaving, cursing. and bleeding and have something that could have been WAAAAY better if you had just dropped $10 on a piece of nice, straight, nonmystery steel?

the time you will save will be WELL WORTH the short shopping and shipping wait. TRUST ME!

:twocents:

Top Bottom