• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    For a few weeks I've kicked around the idea of switching to 9mm. Last week I did it and can't be happier. I had gotten used to the .40 but when I shot my brothers 9 I fell in love.

I also dropped of the Glock wagon and started an M&P addiction. I absolutely love the ergonomics of the line. I also like the manual safety. It's very easy to manipulate without much thought.

I'm not wanting to start the whole plastic gun/caliber debate up, as there are enough of those going on, just glad I've found something a little better for me. The M&P 9 just gives me a bit more confidence than the Glock 23 did. Not that it was a "bad round" or "bad gun" because they never let me down they just didn't fit me. I guess what I'm getting at is for new or newer shooters like myself is to try more calibers and platform/manufacturers than what one person suggests or pushes. I made that mistake and missed my match.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I owe a certain amount of credit to esrice for that write up. I read that shortly after I got my 23 and it stuck with me. I immediately wished I would've handled more brands before making the purchase, however I now know a Glock in .40 is not for me. I also owe aaron1776 for my decision because of his recent write up.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I made the same switch from a Glock 23 to an M&P9 about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. I also started reloading at the same time, so I've been able to shoot the M&P more than the 5 Glocks I had previously owned combined.

Top Bottom