• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like at least one deer out there is evolving a plan to escape getting shot. Befriend the hunter and make it harder for them to pull the trigger. :):

[ame]http://youtu.be/t597SLmr304[/ame]

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Amish place where we have our deer processed used to have a "pet deer" that had a collar and would roam their place. It would just walk in through open door and walk around in the store when customers were there. Loved brown sugar.

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Yea, looks like that little fellow got out of his pen.

Although, I have heard stories from 2 different persons having wild grouse get up close and personal. Both incidents were in the spring.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    About every time I went out for a few weeks I had a little buck do the same thing around my stand... Sadly you grow fond of the ...

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    This year I had a young doe and her fawns hanging around my stand day after day. They grew used to me so much that when nightfall came they wouldn't move as I slowly came down out of the stand and walk away. In the morning they would be bedded close by and not budge as I quietly climbed the stand. I started calling the fawns Thing One and Thing Two. I figured they would be my live decoys for bucks. I did see two smaller bucks but nothing big. It was interesting to watch what they ate from my food plot and how they reacted to sounds.
    I saw all three cross the road on the first day of firearms season and I have not seen the fawns return.
    It was odd watching the fawns. I think one was a small buck. He would lay his ears back and lunge at the doe when she came close and he tried mounting her a few times.

Top Bottom