• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If Mall Security asks you if you are carrying do you have to answer truthfully?
    You can always lie.
    Can it lead to leo asking you? Maybe.

Wouldn't be suprised if they would just ask you to take it to your car.

If they figure out you are, I'd bet it would be a "don't come back"

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    If its concealed good, I'd tell them no. If it's a leo doing mall security, then they are acting as a private citizen and not a cop, so it's not lieing to a cop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. Here's how the conversation should go:

"Mail security" (:lmfao:) : Uh, excuse me sir, are you carrying a firearm?

Armed citizen: I don't answer questions.

Mail security: I see it printing. Is that a firearm?

Armed citizen: Am I being detained?

Mail Security: I'm not a cop, I'm just asking if that's a firearm. Firearms aren't allowed on U.S.P.S property.

Mail Security: Look. It's not legal to carry a firearm in a post offi---cuts off

Mail Security: No, I'm just asking if---cuts off

Armed citizen: Do you have reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime has been committed?

Mail Security: I don't know what that means. I just see what looks like a handgun printing from your shirt. I just wanted to---cuts off again

Armed citizen: What's your name and badge number?

Mail Security: I'm not a cop, I'm a security guard. They pay me ****. I'm just asking because that looks like you have a hand gu---gets cut off again

Armed citizen: I want to speak to your supervisor.

Mail Security: Well, she's out on lunch break, and then she said she has to run to another post office because we're out of stamps to sell. Why do you need to talk to the branch manager? She's not a cop either.

Armed citizen: Am I being detained? Do you suspect me of committing a crime?

Mail Security: Yes, that looks like a gu...cuts off

Armed citizen: Am I free to go?

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. I am not a shyster lawyer. This is not intended to be a realistic scenario. Security guards in post offices are usually sworn law enforcement agents and are armed and have the authority to make arrests.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    History has proven mall “security” is like a bad joke! Deep CC is your best bet for self safety IF you must waste your time and go to a hood rat mall.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't been inside a post office in years. I never have any business there that causes me to go.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Mail Security: I'm not a cop, I'm just asking if that's a firearm. Firearms aren't allowed on U.S.P.S property.

Mail Security: Look. It's not legal to carry a firearm in a post offi---cuts off

Armed citizen: Do you have reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime has been committed?

Mail Security: I don't know what that means. I just see what looks like a handgun printing from your shirt. I just wanted to---cuts off again

Mail Security: I'm not a cop, I'm a security guard. They pay me ****. I'm just asking because that looks like you have a hand gu---gets cut off again

Mail Security: Well, she's out on lunch break, and then she said she has to run to another post office because we're out of stamps to sell. Why do you need to talk to the branch manager? She's not a cop either.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. I am not a shyster lawyer. This is not intended to be a realistic scenario. Security guards in post offices are usually sworn law enforcement agents and are armed and have the authority to make arrests.
    I always just say “dese ain’t my pants, I don’t know what’s in em”.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In

What's a “mail security” ?

Wipe your glasses and read the title again….

Top Bottom