• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bad guys were involved in one of them. There are SOOO many more gunshot wounds than make the paper

my partners saw them, not me. They were the lucky ones who were present when the patients arrived :(

I think you've said that before. Too bad you're prohibited from discussing them; I'm sure some would be very interesting.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I really don't see the cool ones, most of the time. Those self-triage downtown, or happen downtown. Or way out in the country and get flown downtown.

I'm most impressed that for the first few decades of our lives our bodies seem better at preserving our lives than we are at ending them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What are those pesky rules again???

I learned on INGO that those rules are old and busted.

4 Rules are so cool they even apply to you.

This happens a lot. We had the guy who shot his grandson in the head doing the same thing. Where's the ammo jar that the pharmacist has on her counter?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I heard late last night that while the police were tending to the injured moron, Bass pro security contacted CPD to tell them of 2 other idiots in the store shoplifting. According to what I heard, the two thieves exited the store with a large amount of archery gear and headed for their vehicle........which was parked just a few spaces down from where the guy shot himself!!!! Can you say DOH!!!!!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    this guy is on the Southern Indiana Gun Traders (I think thats right) group on Facebook and made the following post:

"Ok folks, do you want to know what really happened?
    First off the guy wounded was a 20 year retired Army Veteran who not only has had just about every firearms training and safety course but was also a firearms safety and tactics instructor at one point. Here are the facts:
    Yes it was his gun
    Yes it was loaded
    Yes he was making a FTF transaction but not for the gun that discharged.
    No it had nothing to do with BPS. (Just there parking lot).
    What transpired between the gun being unholstered and it going off is unclear other than it discharged.
    How the gun was pointing slightly across the flank of his body isn't very clear as it all happened very quickly.
    Was he complacent? It appears so. Was he neglegently handling the firearm? NO. Was it being pointed in an unsafe direction? Of course (again complacency). Was his finger inside the trigger well? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    Is everyone on here in titled to call him an idiot or a dumb ass? Absolutely yes! With his experience and level of gun knowledge, this should be a reminder to everyone that you are not above an accident. and I'm sure this will be the best lesson to correct the complacency that more than likely is what was the cause of this PAINFUL MISTAKE. If you haven't figured it out yet, it was me!!!!!

And the media is a bunch of dumb *****!!!!!"

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    this guy is on the Southern Indiana Gun Traders (I think thats right) group on Facebook and made the following post:

First off the guy wounded was a 20 year retired Army Veteran who not only has had just about every firearms training and safety course but was also a firearms safety and tactics instructor at one point. Here are the facts:
    Yes it was his gun
    Yes it was loaded
    What transpired between the gun being unholstered and it going off is unclear other than it discharged.
    How the gun was pointing slightly across the flank of his body isn't very clear as it all happened very quickly.
    Was he complacent? It appears so. Was he neglegently handling the firearm? NO. Was it being pointed in an unsafe direction? Of course (again complacency). Was his finger inside the trigger well? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    Is everyone on here in titled to call him an idiot or a dumb ass? Absolutely yes! With his experience and level of gun knowledge, this should be a reminder to everyone that you are not above an accident. and I'm sure this will be the best lesson to correct the complacency that more than likely is what was the cause of this PAINFUL MISTAKE. If you haven't figured it out yet, it was me!!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

apology's, dude......hope the recovery's quik, an' short.....with no ill effects.....

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If he wasn't negligently handling the firearm, then how did the gun go bang and hit himself? Sounds like someone is trying to not sound foolish.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

Yes it was his gun
    Yes it was loaded

:ugh:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He obviously caused the discharge...... it might not have even been on a conscious level..... but he did it.
    It's the lizard brain taking over, complacency.

How many here have cut themselves with a knife and wondered how in the hell that could of happened?
    "I know this thing will cut me if I give it the chance, why did this happen?"

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He obviously caused the discharge...... it might not have even been on a conscious level..... but he did it.
    It's the lizard brain taking over, complacency.

How many here have cut themselves with a knife and wondered how in the hell that could of happened?
    "I know this thing will cut me if I give it the chance, why did this happen?"
    You tryin' to imply that he brung a knife to a gun fight?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yes it was his gun
    Yes it was loaded

Absolutely.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    This is similar to one time when I was in robotics class...

I was having trouble getting the robot to do what I wanted. I called the professor over and said, "I've looked it (the program) over and it still won't do it right."

He responded, "It's doing exactly what you're telling it to do! You have to tell it what to do, correctly."

Top Bottom