• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'm wondering if a COP enters your house without your permission can you whip out the 12 gauge:dunno:

You can do whatever you want, just be ready for the consequences. If you don't die in the encounter you will most likely spend months or years defending against criminal charges and face a term in prison. You may eventually be found innocent and justified in your actions, but not without travelling a long road through the court system and taking on a lot of risk.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    with that kind of attitude, I would make sure I always have my affairs in order.

A citizen who believes any Leo poses a threat to their life and liberty is delusional. He should be stripped of his 2a rights and locked up in a mental institution.

A Leo who believes any citizen poses a threat to their safety is a great officer and just wants to go home to his family at night.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    While everyone has fun posturing back and forth, California has a law against filming others without their consent. If an officer sees someone filming them without their consent they have witnessed a crime. Exigent circumstances and they don't need a warrant.

All petty I know, but it is in THEIR laws.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    While everyone has fun posturing back and forth, California has a law against filming others without their consent. If an officer sees someone filming them without their consent they have witnessed a crime. Exigent circumstances and they don't need a warrant.

figures california would have a law like that:n00b:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Makes me wonder why 12 states don't want police filmed? Isn't any "newsworthy" event open to being filmed if it is in the "public interest"? IIRC, I read or heard that somewhere in civics class, maybe.

Does this mean that any security or business camera that records police anywhere, in those states, is in violation of law? Shouldn't the police be arrested for filming themselves in their own police stations? I vote for equal enforcement in those 12 states!

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    A citizen who believes any Leo poses a threat to their life and liberty is delusional. He should be stripped of his 2a rights and locked up in a mental institution.

A Leo who believes any citizen poses a threat to their safety is a great officer and just wants to go home to his family at night.

replacy the word any with the word every

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011

How can they allow CCTV's in CA then? And what about the dash cam when an officer pulls someone over? Sounds like a selective law to me.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I've had people film me while I had a car stopped. As long as they keep a reasonable distance, I smile and wave. I asked a woman once if my hair looked ok. She actually walked away and chose not to film me. Nothin' to see here...

As for that law in CA, I don't see it surviving the courts.

bboffard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Bloomington
    Cop or Cowboy!?

Some cops lose sight of their jobs.. I was taken to jail for crossing a double yellow line on a motorcycle!!! how ridiculous... go figure (female cop) (20 year old kid on a ducati) - 75 degree day out... wants to squander my fun. What if there were drunk drivers out that time or kids driving around smoking weed in the car... she wasted over 45 minutes on me while her services were needed else where.. shame on the cowboys. I love Cops when they respect there badges. :cool:

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Some cops lose sight of their jobs.. I was taken to jail for crossing a double yellow line on a motorcycle!!! how ridiculous... go figure (female cop) (20 year old kid on a ducati) - 75 degree day out... wants to squander my fun. What if there were drunk drivers out that time or kids driving around smoking weed in the car... she wasted over 45 minutes on me while her services were needed else where.. shame on the cowboys. I love Cops when they respect there badges. :cool:

I will point out that you did do something illegal, possibly (and I'm assuming) knowingly. If that's the case, then you were riding recklessly, and she was justified for pulling you over.

How you ended up in jail is beyond me, but I would say her time was well-spent there. Drunk drivers are as dangerous as reckless drivers.

Top Bottom