• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked

SPRINGFIELD, Va. - A Springfield, Virginia man is facing an indecent exposure charge after a passerby spotted the man naked in his kitchen and reported it to police. Eric Williamson, 29, is a commercial diver who grew up in Hawaii and rents home with several co-workers. Williamson told FOX 5's Will Thomas his roommates were not home and he walked into the kitchen to make coffee about 5:30 a.m. Monday.
    "Yes, I wasn't wearing any clothes but I was alone, in my own home and just got out of bed. It was dark and I had no idea anyone was outside looking in at me," Williamson said.

The complaint came from an unidentified woman who was walking with a 7-year-old boy. A Fairfax County Police spokesman said officers arrested Williamson for indecent exposure because they believe he wanted to be seen naked by the public.
    Officer Bud Walker said officers also consulted the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office and they were given the green light to proceed with the charge.

Williamson, who is father of a 5-year old girl, said he feels like the victim.
    "I am a loving dad. Any of my friends and anyone knows that and there is not a chance on this planet I would ever, ever, ever do anything like that to a kid," he said.

Williamson is meeting with a lawyer to fight the charge and may attempt to seek damages from Fairfax County Police. If convicted on the misdemeanor charge, he would face up to one year in jail and a $2,000 fine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Dude wants to walk around naked in his house then let him. If miss priss doesn't want junior to look then why is she standing out in front of this guys house at 5:30 a.m. with a 7 year old? It's not like the guy was yanking it in front of the living room window! People need to mind their own business.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    What if the situation was reversed, and the woman was making coffee, naked, in her kitchen? Would the man be charged for "peeping" if he reported the woman to the police? But, I don't think any man in his right mind would report that...

ETA: You've been posting some great stories the past couple days, public servant. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dude wants to walk around naked in his house then let him. If miss priss doesn't want junior to look then why is she standing out in front of this guys house at 5:30 a.m. with a 7 year old? It's not like the guy was yanking it in front of the living room window! People need to mind their own business.

EXACTLY!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What kind of windows does this guy have that she could tell he was nude ?

Regardless of his windows , he was in HIS HOME .

Unless he was at the door cranking one out , she should have kept her nose in her own business .

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Not only all of the above BUT she was trespassing in his yard to take a short cut by his kitchen window. It's DARK here at 5:30 AM, strange time for a walk with a small child. She is the offending party here and no common sense shown by the District Attorney or investigating officer :rolleyes:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    i say that he sues the woman for invasion of HIS privacy. it is HIS home, SHE WAS PEEPING IN IT! F I G H T B A C K !

Worse, other news reports say she was walking across his yard. So... she's trespassing on his property, peeking in windows with her kid, and he gets arrested in his own home. Beyond ridiculous.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you can't be naked in your own home, where can you be naked??

This blows my mind. The peeping woman should have said, "See junior, that's why its important that you stay on the sidewalk, instead of taking a shortcut through people's yards." Unbelievable.

I'm not a fan of arresting people in their own home because they don't meet Government dress code.

If I had a nickel for every naked trip to the kitchen... lol

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Naked guy aside, the most important part of the article is this little quote.

A Fairfax County Police spokesman said officers arrested Williamson for indecent exposure because they believe he wanted to be seen naked by the public.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I live in a podunk town and I walk around the house naked. My wife is always telling me that someone will see me. They will only be able to with binoculars from a distance or be in my yard. I can't wait til I get back out to the country where there is probably less than 10 cars that will drive by in a day.

Top Bottom