• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Not sure I'd wreck my own car while trying to recover a family members car... Follow yes, wreck? Very doubtful!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Not sure I'd wreck my own car while trying to recover a family members car... Follow yes, wreck? Very doubtful!

I agree. Why would you risk all of the damage just to get the car back? I wouldn't do that unless the situation called for it like, a person being taken or car jacked.

Edit: The last I heard, the police were still trying to decide if the pursuer should be charged with something.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Say what you want. He got the job done.

I agree. Why would you risk all of the damage just to get the car back? I wouldn't do that unless the situation called for it like, a person being taken or car jacked.

Edit: The last I heard, the police were still trying to decide if the pursuer should be charged with something.

I'm with Yep. Yes, he got the job done, but I'm reminded of movies such as Lethal Weapon where the good guy prevailed after doing something stupid. (and of course got chewed out by superiors) If this was a life safety issue like a kidnapping, sure. But doing this for "stuff"? Not worth it IMHO. You can buy another car, call it in/follow so it gets recovered by IMPD, etc.

He's damned lucky Mr. Dindu Nuttin didnt make a furtive move to cause him to discharge his weapon into him.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    It wasn't me.

I would of set the cruise control.

Shoot out my uncle's car tires and rear window.

Tie my steering wheel off with my seat belt.

Jump from the roof of my car to the other.

Shoot out the tires on my car.

Tactical reload.

Climb in the car through the window I already shot out.

Shoot the rest of tires.

Put on my seat belt in the back seat.

Choke out the driver with his seatbelt, hope we don't hit a bridge embankment and wait for the calvary.

In a situation like this you shoot out the tires to act as a dynamic breaking system. At the lower speeds, it puts the operation into the acceptable risk category.

This operation is not optimal at rush hour on 465. If Hoosier's would stop being backwoods rednecks and learn to zipper merge then the back up would be minimal.

Another thing that would help with the flow of traffic is if dumbass drivers would stop switching lanes and slowing down just because there is emergency personel on the highway working.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It wasn't me.

I would of set the cruise control.

Shoot out my uncle's car tires and rear window.

Tie my steering wheel off with my seat belt.

Jump from the roof of my car to the other.

Shoot out the tires on my car.

Tactical reload.

Climb in the car through the window I already shot out.

Shoot the rest of tires.

Put on my seat belt in the back seat.

Choke out the driver with his seatbelt, hope we don't hit a bridge embankment and wait for the calvary.

In a situation like this you shoot out the tires to act as a dynamic breaking system. At the lower speeds, it puts the operation into the acceptable risk category.

This operation is not optimal at rush hour on 465. If Hoosier's would stop being backwoods rednecks and learn to zipper merge then the back up would be minimal.

Another thing that would help with the flow of traffic is if dumbass drivers would stop switching lanes and slowing down just because there is emergency personel on the highway working.

I'm with you up to the zipper merge.

That adds an unacceptable level of risk to an otherwise well thought out plan.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with you up to the zipper merge.

That adds an unacceptable level of risk to an otherwise well thought out plan.

zipper is great. But much like other things in the world, it just doesnt work unless EVERYONE is onboard. a couple a-holes will keep it from working right.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    zipper is great. But much like other things in the world, it just doesnt work unless EVERYONE is onboard. a couple a-holes will keep it from working right.
    Oh, but it only works if people are smart enough to hit the interstate actually moving with the speed of traffic, not slowing everybody down, then cutting off two lanes of traffic to try and pass that semi 100' before your exit...:xmad: Oh, and stop hitting your ****ING BRAKES GETTING ON THE DAMN HIGHWAY! The peddle on the right will get you on there easier!

Top Bottom