• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    If you found a bobcat killing your dog or farm animals, would you kill it ?
    I personally would do all I could to kill anything that was killing my dog or livestock on my property and feel well within my rights doing it

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    It is definitely not cool for the guy to kill an animal out of some morbid desire to watch it bleed and die (if that is what he did). Also, when people violate the law and use a firearm to do, it makes things tougher on gun owners.

I think something is wrong though when people get more upset about animal cruelty than they do about human beings being mistreated. The liberal media is all over it when a bobcat is shot, but don't seem to have much of a reaction when baby is sucked from its mother's womb with an industrial vacuum cleaner (I know...its the trump card).

Or consider the movies...people are brutally killed and no one seem to even react, but when a damn horse twists it ankle on the big screen, producers have to issue disclaimers to keep the media of their backs. Animals are a blessing (although my Shih Tzu makes me wonder sometimes) but isn't human life to be more highly prized?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    .... isn't human life to be more highly prized?

It ought to be, but there are many in our culture who think of human life as a cosmic one-in-in-a-billion accident no higher ranked than a [STRIKE]bobcat [/STRIKE] dolphin.

It's amazing what happens when we don't put things in the right perspective.

Take care and protect the bobcat but put his value in the right perspective.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    It is definitely not cool for the guy to kill an animal out of some morbid desire to watch it bleed and die (if that is what he did). Also, when people violate the law and use a firearm to do, it makes things tougher on gun owners.

I think something is wrong though when people get more upset about animal cruelty than they do about human beings being mistreated. The liberal media is all over it when a bobcat is shot, but don't seem to have much of a reaction when baby is sucked from its mother's womb with an industrial vacuum cleaner (I know...its the trump card).

Or consider the movies...people are brutally killed and no one seem to even react, but when a damn horse twists it ankle on the big screen, producers have to issue disclaimers to keep the media of their backs. Animals are a blessing (although my Shih Tzu makes me wonder sometimes) but isn't human life to be more highly prized?

I like this post and I agree

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart

abortion = murder... in my book :twocents:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Bobcat found dead in Western Indiana

th_bobcat.jpg

A friend of a friend on Facebook found this one over near the Illinois border. It was dead already from what I'm told. DNR took the carcass and warned him for even having it even though he called to report he found it. :rolleyes:

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    th_bobcat.jpg

A friend of a friend on Facebook found this one over near the Illinois border. It was dead already from what I'm told. DNR took the carcass and warned him for even having it even though he called to report he found it. :rolleyes:
    If he called them then they should say thankyou..............but it doesn't work that way. I do not see myself shooting one unless it's to protect family or other animals.......everyone should have that right imo. As for trespassers, throw the book at them!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Funny thing to me is so many of you march around talking about your rights and how they are trampled on but then scorn and wish people nothing short of death when they make mistakes that should be a non issue. Can anyone show me in this constitution you all seem to rant an rave about, the part that says I can't kill any of the kings animals.

None of you are any better then those who have done this and neither am I. I just recognize that a lot of you like to think you are. And bringing up abortion? Come on.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have lived where i'm at for 18 years and have seen 5 bobcats with a mile of here.....last weekend buddy of mine was huntin' on the back corner of me and seen 1......they should throw the book at the guy.....there a hoot to watch....

Top Bottom