• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Amazing how many people are pro constitution until it involves drugs.
    First, I am not an illegal drug user, second I am a fervent supporter of the Constitution, BUT just because the Federal Government passes a law - it doesn't mean it becomes part of the Constitution. Many of the "laws" have been contested in the Supreme court. Their decision is usually rendered depending on their political bent - when the majority of the court justices are "liberal" you will seldom find they override a federal "law" restriction freedoms or one that is not based on the constitution. When the majority is Conservative the opposite is true. The constitution greatly restricted the Federal government's right to pass any act that was the "states freedom" to regulate. However the Fed's used the "interstate commerce" clause and "Tax Laws" to extend their power way beyond the "Constitution's" limits. IMHO the only reason the Drug laws were passed was so the Federal government could retain powerful task force members that were unemployed by the 1933 repeal of Prohibition. Most of the laws against Marijuana, were passed after this time. Actually it was believed at the time the Constitution did not allow the Federal Government the right to regulate it so they imposed a "Tax" instead. Later they passed a "law" requiring a Federal "Tax stamp" then refused to issue any "Tax Stamps" therefore making it an illegal act to possess or sell the drug.
    In my opinion the benefits of
    making it legal far out-way the current detriments of attempts to criminalize the drug. The country (US) are spending Billions - if not Trillions a year in an attempt to stem the use, and are imprisoning Millions of citizens for using / selling it. If it were made legal, we could quit spending the money to chase and imprison all these people. The sale of the drug could be regulated (like Alcohol) and the Billions of dollars the Cartels make would be greatly diminished. The raising of the crop could become an income for farmers, and the taxes obtained from the sale could benefit the nation. When prohibition existed a child with the money could purchase alcohol as the sale was already illegal so the risk was the same often the alcohol sold contained poisons. Once that act was repealed the sale to minors was reduced greatly and the purity and safety of the drink was enhanced. I really think making Marijuana legal would have the same effect.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    First, I am not an illegal drug user, second I am a fervent supporter of the Constitution, BUT just because the Federal Government passes a law - it doesn't mean it becomes part of the Constitution. Many of the "laws" have been contested in the Supreme court. Their decision is usually rendered depending on their political bent - when the majority of the court justices are "liberal" you will seldom find they override a federal "law" restriction freedoms or one that is not based on the constitution. When the majority is Conservative the opposite is true. The constitution greatly restricted the Federal government's right to pass any act that was the "states freedom" to regulate. However the Fed's used the "interstate commerce" clause and "Tax Laws" to extend their power way beyond the "Constitution's" limits. IMHO the only reason the Drug laws were passed was so the Federal government could retain powerful task force members that were unemployed by the 1933 repeal of Prohibition. Most of the laws against Marijuana, were passed after this time. Actually it was believed at the time the Constitution did not allow the Federal Government the right to regulate it so they imposed a "Tax" instead. Later they passed a "law" requiring a Federal "Tax stamp" then refused to issue any "Tax Stamps" therefore making it an illegal act to possess or sell the drug.
    making it legal far out-way the current detriments of attempts to criminalize the drug. The country (US) are spending Billions - if not Trillions a year in an attempt to stem the use, and are imprisoning Millions of citizens for using / selling it. If it were made legal, we could quit spending the money to chase and imprison all these people. The sale of the drug could be regulated (like Alcohol) and the Billions of dollars the Cartels make would be greatly diminished. The raising of the crop could become an income for farmers, and the taxes obtained from the sale could benefit the nation. When prohibition existed a child with the money could purchase alcohol as the sale was already illegal so the risk was the same often the alcohol sold contained poisons. Once that act was repealed the sale to minors was reduced greatly and the purity and safety of the drink was enhanced. I really think making Marijuana legal would have the same effect.

Another thing to consider is that marijuana became too dangerous for civilized society at about the same time that synthetic fibers were developed which would have strong competition from hemp for use making products including cloth and rope.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I think we're in agreement. There are several "conservatives" here who support the war on drugs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think we're in agreement. There are several "conservatives" here who support the war on drugs.

I have also noticed some 'conservatives' who seem to think that the way to address overreaching and/or dangerous agents of the .gov is to polish their knobs and hope they forget about engaging in injurious behavior.

Indyerick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Its just like those that were on the TV Show Weed USA (or something like that) It took you inside the life of growers and stores that sell it in CA. You know its a federal offense yet you go on TV and taunt them. What are they supposed to do?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Its just like those that were on the TV Show Weed USA (or something like that) It took you inside the life of growers and stores that sell it in CA. You know its a federal offense yet you go on TV and taunt them. What are they supposed to do?

Ask yourself this: Does the government exist for the people (after the fashion of the government outlined in the Constitution) or do the people exist for the government? After you sort this out, get back with us.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Here's a great video about Chris Williams, and how the Feds are oppressing the states.

The Fight Over Medical Marijuana? - NYTimes.com

553838_451436774893829_837214706_n.png

Get this man off the streets immediately, he is a felon; he is forcing people to use marijuana. He is far more harmful to society than a rapist or a murder, give him the 90 year max!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wonder how many people chanting that actually have read the constitution?

You mean that in the context of discovering the conspicuous absence of anything granting the federal government any authority to make or enforce any such law?

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    The issue is who owns you? If you cant do what you want with your body then you don't. Where do these people we call "government" get the power or right to force us to do what they think? Are we all not free men and women? Are we not all created equal? And these so call "laws" are not laws they are statues, codes, etc. Only law is common law. Government is Force. Time to evolve into a self ownership society.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    The issue is who owns you? If you cant do what you want with your body then you don't. Where do these people we call "government" get the power or right to force us to do what they think? Are we all not free men and women? Are we not all created equal? And these so call "laws" are not laws they are statues, codes, etc. Only law is common law. Government is Force. Time to evolve into a self ownership society.

Youre terribly mistaken if you think that we are all free men and women. We are well regulated by .gov because they think we are unable to make [STRIKE]the right[/STRIKE] decisions on our own. Sad part is more and more people in this country are proving that they couldnt make it without the government spoon feeding them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Youre terribly mistaken if you think that we are all free men and women. We are well regulated by .gov because they think we are unable to make [STRIKE]the right[/STRIKE] decisions on our own. Sad part is more and more people in this country are proving that they couldnt make it without the government spoon feeding them.

All the more reason to take away that spoon.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel

Oh i know we are not free. Just trying to get people to think differently about issues than we have in the past. You cant fix problems if you think the same as when you created them.

Top Bottom