• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    +1 on the toradol, it was the only thing that ever really helped me also.

It's an amazing feeling when your feel the relief. Every time I got a shot, in about 5-10 minutes I just felt a weird feeling like a switch was thrown and the pain abated, followed by my body relaxing. I'm sure I was still really hurting, but by comparison, it was nothing. Oxycontin & oxycodon were useless by comparison.

Day six sucks like nobody's business, though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had one Dr tell me "it's not like you have a broken bone, i can't just give you the IV pain meds".

That happens with some docs. They are so jaded from the seekers and jerks that they take it too far. Anyone in acute pain if I don't have a very high suspicion of faking or inappropriately coming to the ER for chronic pain gets medicated. Clots hurt. Did you spill your coffee on his leg when he rounded? :):

Edit: the above wasn't fair. Some docs start off as jerks, just like any other profession.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You should come to yoga with me.

You can fix your back like Hank Hill and then we can run the hill after!

(paraphrase)

Judge: Mr Hill, this man is so annoying he isn't helping your case.
    Hill: Exactly! Do you think I'd choose to spend more then three seconds in a room with him if I didn't have to?

Awesome.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When I had an infection in my jaw precipitating the root canal I had a few months ago, I shamelessly took acetaminophen according to the instructions on the bottle. Am I going to the big house for my criminal ways?

We can do probation but you will need to wear a wire on bunny. I hear he is into grass.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    That happens with some docs. They are so jaded from the seekers and jerks that they take it too far. Anyone in acute pain if I don't have a very high suspicion of faking or inappropriately coming to the ER for chronic pain gets medicated. Clots hurt. Did you spill your coffee on his leg when he rounded? :):

Edit: the above wasn't fair. Some docs start off as jerks, just like any other profession.
    If I could have stood up I just might have hit him. I know all docs are not that way. I told my family doc about the situation and though I do not and never will know the outcome I know records were pulled and complaints were filed.
    The pill junkies do make it difficult on everybody that has real problems. I can't imagine having to do your job and trying to make those calls in an ER.

Top Bottom