• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So, are you going to tell us if Frank owes me a beer or not? Percs?

He didn't really ask for anything in particular. Just made a show of being in so much pain the easy thing was to administer meds. Morphine was ordered and given. He committed several felonies today. The smarter seekers know not to state ridiculous allergies.

I saw a guy who claimed to be a deadliest catch producer. He told me personal stories of all the captains and was incredibly believable. Until all the tests for his severe complaints kept coming back normal. Then I looked at a local database of hospitals and realized he was still listed as inpatient at Methodist. I called their resident who said he checked on him a few hours ago. The guy wanted to the room on the phone with me and started swearing when he saw it was empty. The dude was a trucker. Googling him showed multiple arrests in multiple states for fraud, narcotics diversion, etc going back to 1980s.

also saw a guy who was a pharmacist in town for a convention. He had a history of pulmonary embolism, took coumadin and lovenox if his level was low. Drove in six hours and sudden excruciatingly sharp pain when he breathed. Sweating. Heart rate 145. As a resident that gets you fired up. He got lots of pain meds, a CT scan was inconclusive because his contrast load wasn't timed well due to tachycardia. Follow-up scan was normal. Labs normal, except for drug screen which showed amphetamines. Google showed his pharmacy license was terminated in his home state for narcotic abuse. He took amphetamines to jack up his vitals to make it look like he had a significant issue going on. Jerk.

The heroin addict I saw today received dilaudid without asking for their true pain. It's not about who you are, it's about how you act and if you lie.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Googling him showed multiple arrests in multiple states for fraud, narcotics diversion, etc going back to 1980s.

Your honor, mere arrests, I object. These accusation are meaningless . . . *rolls on floor* . . . this is an outrage! Not in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA can these baseless accusation be the basis of the denial of a man's civil rights!

*blink, blink* Oh, sorry, long week.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Your honor, mere arrests, I object. These accusation are meaningless . . . *rolls on floor* . . . this is an outrage! Not in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA can these baseless accusation be the basis of the denial of a man's civil rights!

*blink, blink* Oh, sorry, long week.

When one person tells you a guy is a jerk, that could be a bad experience, When numerous people tell you that who had encounters over different time periods, it's probably true. Same thing goes with arrest records :):

I love the out of town person who comes in with "acute" pain from an injury without bruising. Googling them usually solves the situation quickly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Morphine was ordered and given.

Morphine is what the docs gave me for my 8th grade football thumb.

That thumb (jammed it on the quarterback's helmet) is the reason I never did drugs, not even pot. I LIKED the morphine . . . a lot. Never want to feel that good ever. It scared the pee out of me.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    tcYUL9N.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I had an infection in my jaw precipitating the root canal I had a few months ago, I shamelessly took acetaminophen according to the instructions on the bottle. Am I going to the big house for my criminal ways?

Or do I just owe Kirk more .45ACP ammo?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    When I had an infection in my jaw precipitating the root canal I had a few months ago, I shamelessly took acetaminophen according to the instructions on the bottle. Am I going to the big house for my criminal ways?

Or do I just owe Kirk more .45ACP ammo?

Reported.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This reminds me of the time my back was killing me L3-L4 past damage.....I woke up at 2 am and couldn't even walk. Decided to drag myself to the truck, go to ER, they help me in the ER and after about 10 minutes the Dr walked in and says "OK, the jig is up, what drug you looking for ?" I looked at him and asked what he was talking about...and he said everyone that comes here at 2 am with back pain wants drugs. He is lucky I was hurting or I would have smacked him in the mouth...but since I couldn't hardly move I just let him know if I wanted drugs I sure as hell wouldnt be paying ER fees for them! I told him pain killers make me puke, I can't take em. He then had me get in an MRI/Cat scan whatever them tubes are.....and found out my back has some sort of narrowing and was pinching my nerves or something like that. A back injection of something and I was good to go. He really made me mad that night.....but I imagine they see addicts all the time and figured I was just another one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This reminds me of the time my back was killing me L3-L4 past damage.....I woke up at 2 am and couldn't even walk. Decided to drag myself to the truck, go to ER, they help me in the ER and after about 10 minutes the Dr walked in and says "OK, the jig is up, what drug you looking for ?" I looked at him and asked what he was talking about...and he said everyone that comes here at 2 am with back pain wants drugs. He is lucky I was hurting or I would have smacked him in the mouth...but since I couldn't hardly move I just let him know if I wanted drugs I sure as hell wouldnt be paying ER fees for them! I told him pain killers make me puke, I can't take em. He then had me get in an MRI/Cat scan whatever them tubes are.....and found out my back has some sort of narrowing and was pinching my nerves or something like that. A back injection of something and I was good to go. He really made me mad that night.....but I imagine they see addicts all the time and figured I was just another one.

When back pain/sciatica is that bad, I've found that narcotics don't help much unless they put you out. Toradol (a strong NSAID and analgesic) by injection is the only thing that helps. Or being unconscious. The downside is that you're not supposed to have Toradol for more than 5 days.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    When one person tells you a guy is a jerk, that could be a bad experience, When numerous people tell you that who had encounters over different time periods, it's probably true. Same thing goes with arrest records :):

I love the out of town person who comes in with "acute" pain from an injury without bruising. Googling them usually solves the situation quickly.

I was actually in an Indy hospital from mid February to early march, st Vincent on 86th street. I had blood clots spread throughout my abdomen caused by kidney failure, much more to this but my gripe is I had one Dr tell me "it's not like you have a broken bone, i can't just give you the IV pain meds". He also wrote on the order that no other dr was to change the order. I laid awake in unbelievable pain for 3 days until I finally had to go down to vascular. The dr down there acted like he could not believe that I had been taken off the IV pain meds and immediately put me back on them. Literally the first relief I had in days.
    I know a lot of junkies and pill seekers come into the hospital but that does not mean everybody that comes in is one of those people. This Dr. Caused me the worst 3 days of my life for no reason.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Can i crotch stuff my scrubs like Dr Oz? Really though, coolest guy doc on TV is the ER guy on The Doctors, am I right???

Before you go on TV and become famous an forget all of us INGOers, can I get an autograph or 15? You can just sign it right onto a prescription pad, if you don't mind.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    When back pain/sciatica is that bad, I've found that narcotics don't help much unless they put you out. Toradol (a strong NSAID and analgesic) by injection is the only thing that helps. Or being unconscious. The downside is that you're not supposed to have Toradol for more than 5 days.
    +1 on the toradol, it was the only thing that ever really helped me also.

Top Bottom