Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SOURCE:
    Man in Apple Store Pulls Handgun on iPhone - Tom's Guide

iPhones can be really, really frustrating. For two years I insisted they were the work of the devil. Then I sort of wanted one (yes, turncoat, I know) and a few months later I bought one. Now? Two months later and I want a Blackberry or something with a battery that doesn't depend on my turning off 3G and WiFi to last the day. That said, no matter how frustrated I get, I have never come close to threatening to give it a once over with a 9mm.
    Donald Goodrich entered the Kenwood Mall Apple store in Cincinnati and demanded someone fix his iPhone, declaring, "I'm so mad I could pop a 9mm at it!" When the employee told Goodrich there was no need for that, Goodrich said, "Look, I'll do it right now!" and showed her the black 9mm handgun inside his jacket.
    WCPO reports that the girl walked Goodrich over to a technician and then notified her manager who called the police. While Goorich had a concealed weapon permit, he is charged with aggravated menacing and according to WCPO, faces a carrying concealed weapons charge for failing to inform the deputy he had a gun.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I thought....

iphone-gun-415x235.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I believe this is the Ohio statute:

2903.21 Aggravated menacing.

(A) No person shall knowingly cause another to believe that the offender will cause serious physical harm to the person or property of the other person, the other person’s unborn, or a member of the other person’s immediate family.
    (B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of aggravated menacing. Except as otherwise provided in this division, aggravated menacing is a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the victim of the offense is an officer or employee of a public children services agency or a private child placing agency and the offense relates to the officer’s or employee’s performance or anticipated performance of official responsibilities or duties, aggravated menacing is a felony of the fifth degree or, if the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to an offense of violence, the victim of that prior offense was an officer or employee of a public children services agency or private child placing agency, and that prior offense related to the officer’s or employee’s performance or anticipated performance of official responsibilities or duties, a felony of the fourth degree.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I was at that same Apple store just a few weeks ago, know someone who works there and someone who works two stores down from there. I'll have to ask them about this next time I talk to either one of them.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    What "...other person...property...or unborn..." was threatened here?? t was his OWN ipod at risk of the mayhem. He needs a good attorney, and some lessons in common sense. Pat

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thats why open carry is SOOOOOOO much better! ;)

+1 to pat for also noticing that the law he is charged with breaking, he didn't break.

As to informing the cop... WTF is that about?

Thank God Indiana doesn't have that stupidity. Hopefully the charges on this guy get dropped and he has learned his lesson.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    I'm sorry but when it comes to cell phones, be it iPhone, lg, etc...9mm is not enough knock down power for how I feel about them. How in the world can I be in downtown Carmel and drop a call? Oh the humanity!

Top Bottom