• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Thought a grizzly was a black bear? Fail, removal from gene pool authorized. Follow wounded bear into dense brush? See above.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    You don't have to be fastest, just not the slowest.

And yeah, that sucks.

Back when Lewis and Clarke were exploring out west, they too, lamented the large number of musket balls a grizzly took to put down.

454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    A couple friends in alaska were unloading their boat on the shore of their cabin. Heard some noise looked up to see a bear charging out of the cabin. He grabbed his 12 gauge with slugs and unloaded it, his friend had 300 win mag, second shot, it dropped about 10 feet from them. They strung it up and dressed it out, he said not one of the slugs went past the fat layer.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thought a grizzly was a black bear? Fail, removal from gene pool authorized. Follow wounded bear into dense brush? See above.

I'm with you on the following a wounded bear into dense brush but a 400lb grizzly could look pretty similar to a 400lb black bear, particularly a 400lb black bear that isn't black.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm with you on the following a wounded bear into dense brush but a 400lb grizzly could look pretty similar to a 400lb black bear, particularly a 400lb black bear that isn't black.

I'd cut them more slack in other circumstances, but they were hunting black bear... If you can't tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly, get a guide or don't hunt an area that has both. They're really not difficult to tell apart from most "hunting"(shootable) angles...

But I guess after growing up in the Rockies and seeing California deer hunters kill ranchers' cattle every single year, maybe my tolerance is low.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I'd cut them more slack in other circumstances, but they were hunting black bear... If you can't tell the difference between a black bear and a grizzly, get a guide or don't hunt an area that has both. They're really not difficult to tell apart from most "hunting"(shootable) angles...

But I guess after growing up in the Rockies and seeing California deer hunters kill ranchers' cattle every single year, maybe my tolerance is low.

"Yes, ma'am, I agree. That IS your deer, but just let me get my saddle off 'im first."

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

No doubt...

I have seen Cattle and Horses Killed cause Morons thought they were Deer and Elk. One of my favorites was a Guy trying to explain his way out of Shooting Bull, he said it was an Antelope... :dunno:

Top Bottom