Man points rifle at police and gets shot.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Zar Dyson led police on a car chase in Marion, he crashed,
    got out wearing body armor and pointed a rifle at police.
    (always a good idea) Subsequently shot and his family can't
    believe he would do such a thing.

YouTube - Police Shooting in Marion, IN!

Man shot by police, His family speaks

Just remember everyone that people like this are running around
    out there, you can never be too careful of who you'll run into.
    Not the person you want to get into a road rage incident with at 1 a.m.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ...and his family can't
    believe he would do such a thing.
    They never can.

images

"He was always such a good boy"... :rolleyes:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been following this as well. What a story, I guess. I really don't have anything constructive or NICE to say, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I will only add that I think the responding officers did a fine job. +1 to them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the chief doesn't think the average good citizen carries a weapon of that nature around in their car with body armor. well, i bet he wouldn't like to look in some peoples trucks here, lol.

sounds like a good shoot to me. hope this punk or his family doesn't get any money from the city.

BOX OF TISSUES; for Butt hurt LEO's only.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Strange for the chief of police to think it's ok for the po-po to roll with body armor and 'assault' rifles but joe six-pack shouldn't.

In any event, after a high speed chase isn't the best time to be flauntin' ya choppa!

Assuming the event went down as described, it's a justified shooting.

I still think the chief is a bone head for diss'in rifles and body armor. That jackwagon has a serious superiority complex.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Strange for the chief of police to think it's ok for the po-po to roll with body armor and 'assault' rifles but joe six-pack shouldn't.

In any event, after a high speed chase isn't the best time to be flauntin' ya choppa!

Assuming the event went down as described, it's a justified shooting.

I still think the chief is a bone head for diss'in rifles and body armor. That jackwagon has a serious superiority complex.

totaly agree with this post!! If they can have it then so can we.

now we will be flamed for turning this into an LEO bashing thread. I left a box of tissues in the last post for ya all!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    totaly agree with this post!! If they can have it then so can we.

now we will be flamed for turning this into an LEO bashing thread. I left a box of tissues in the last post for ya all!

YEAAAA!!!! My first police bashing thread!!

:alright:

oh......... wait..............

:laugh:

earlykyler2012

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Grant County
    I live in Marion and this is exactly the reason I carry everywhere I go. Around here you never know who's gonna lose it and start parading around with assault rifles and body armor on. Glad that happened on the other side of town.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I also found it interesting to hear the body armor comment during the video. I have been thinking about getting some, but wouldn't be wearing it in a bar at 3AM and then step out of my car with my weapon out...

As for the family, I have relatives that I wouldn't think are capable of something like this.....but I would expect them to be shot if they did.

I think the criminal also figured out that his vest wasn't quite bullet-proof.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm fine with all of it to be honest (except for the guy saying normal people don't wear body armor)

I don't think there is a problem with the guy having the rifle, I don't think there's a problem with him having the body armor. I think once you point a firearm at the police, you're gonna get shot.

:+1: to the good guys here.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I'm fine with all of it to be honest (except for the guy saying normal people don't wear body armor)

I don't think there is a problem with the guy having the rifle, I don't think there's a problem with him having the body armor. I think once you point a firearm at the police, you're gonna get shot.

:+1: to the good guys here.

+1000000000

kinda like chris rock said....if you run from the police, they're bringing an @$$-whoopin' with them. if you point a gun (or maybe a hose, like in California ;)) at the po-po, it isn't going to turn out well.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Good Shoot.

I have no problem with people wearing body armor. But, when I run into someone on the street that is wearing it, it kinda makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. In all honesty, "normal people" don't wear body armor. If more people did wear it, I'm sure I would get used to it, but they don't.

Top Bottom