• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Anyone else notice the hitch in the female officers shot? From her angle, she drew, then the gun goes out of the picture before she brings it back up and shoots. Wonder if she had a malfunction.
    She was holding a taser originally and drew that first, holstered it, then drew her Glock.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After reading the story that GP posted, I understand why they didn't handcuff him when they encountered him. It said someone saw him "attempting" to steal a case of beer from a local store.

What state are we in there? That would govern the rules of engagement.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Anyone else notice the hitch in the female officers shot? From her angle, she drew, then the gun goes out of the picture before she brings it back up and shoots. Wonder if she had a malfunction.

Yeah, I need to go back and watch it from her angle. I don't know what that was. Stress makes people do funny things. Malfunction? Maybe a limp wrist malfunction? Decided to turn her laser or light on? Maybe she saw something behind the target and decided not to take a shot. Whatever it was, she got through it pretty quickly and was back in the fight.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How do you know she's hitting his legs? She might be, but I don't see any injuries when he flops over. Interesting they have lasers.

Things to ponder:
    If he had shot as soon as he pulled (and it was a real gun) is there anyway he would not have had the first shot?
    Which officer had a plan and implemented it?
    Was the plan effective?
    How long did it take the other officer to get into the fight?
    What happens to cyclical rates in a sudden violent encounter?

I don't know if they hit him in the leg, but you can see that her laser is at his feet and she takes a shot or two before she gets on target. Once again, not criticizing her, I thought she did an incredible job.

Now ow her partner, I'd go to war with that dude.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    She was holding a taser originally and drew that first, holstered it, then drew her Glock.

The article at Police one makes this clear. While in the restaurant, in close quarters, with innocents in close proximity and her partner directly opposite her, she was controlling the suspect with the threat of a nonlethal device.

Personally, I believe the Officers preformed flawlessly.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You see the tazer go down, then the Glock come up.

Kind of reminds me of playing Doom.

It was certainly Doom for the beer thief, and I think the lead cop could kick DoomGuy's ass if it came down to it. It almost looked fake it happened so fast, we are used to seeing things drawn out for drama but real life it happens and is over before you can even think about it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You've heard the argument that the officers could have stopped the threat by shooting someone in the leg. She did!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I know nothing, but it looked to me like the male had been around awhile but the female seemed newer.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Suicide by cop. The male cop did everything right. The female could have potentially gotten him killed by freezing. I also noted that neither reloaded. I don't think the male officer had any idea how many rounds were in the gun. Do LEO practice reloading once the threat stops?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    you had the luxury of two videos and hindsight without the knowledge of their policy to come to that conclusion...and if he had pulled the gun there then the shooting would have likely happened in the bathroom...
    First and foremost, I commend the officers involved for risking their lives and ending a threat with no harm to themselves or innocent bystanders. But man, that was intense to watch, definite eye opener to what the Police deal with. Just curious about protocol from a Police standpoint and I understand every situation is different, but should he have been frisked in the bathroom before moving him outside, or is the idea to get him outside away from the other customers in case something happens (which obviously did). I am by no means any sort of an expert and certainly don't pretend to be, just trying to understand the thought process. Would frisking him in the bathroom and thus discovering the BB gun have changed the outcome and possibly just have the suspect in jail instead of being dead? I realize there is no real answer to that hypothetical question, but I'm just thinking out loud. On a side note, the suspect had a very cold and awkward facial expression and appeared to me that he had a death wish.

Top Bottom