• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well phylodog is a range instructor that I trust with my life, and the lives of my cohorts. So when phylodog teaches me when and how to do a tactical reload, I listen.

Sure thing, but I know less emphasis is being put upon "tactical reloads" by some trainers.

I don't know how these Texas cops were trained. Obviously they were trained well, but I don't know if the Timmy stuff was in the mix or not.

Staying behind the gun and not screwing with it is, to me, very logical. People come back to life after having been shot all the time and this guy fell with his hands under him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure thing, but I know less emphasis is being put upon "tactical reloads" by some trainers.

I don't know how these Texas cops were trained. Obviously they were trained well, but I don't know if the Timmy stuff was in the mix or not.

Staying behind the gun and not screwing with it is, to me, very logical. People come back to life after having been shot all the time and this guy fell with his hands under him.

I'd rather know I have a full mag and, especially having a partner present, there are techniques to do that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I didn't start the first gun fight with a partial mag. Why do I want to start the second one that way?

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    The camera footage brought to mind the Counter Strike video game. I was waiting to hear "HEAD SHOT!" Both officers did a fine job and made it home that night.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If someone is holding a gun on you, do you think your mind wants to focus on anything other than the threat? Lasers take some training to use properly, but they have some advantages.

Where can laser training be found? I have one hidden in the guide rod on my 92. Never heard of laser training. I told my wife when I slapped a laser on the 10/22 to pull the trigger as she anticipates the laser on the target and not to try and hold it over target because that's what I do and it seems to work. (That was for taking out varmints getting in the chicken coup.) On a pistol though I have used it as a secondary sight to check front sight. Kinda like sighting with front sight then a visual check that, yeah, the laser is on the target as I am squeezing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where can laser training be found? I have one hidden in the guide rod on my 92. Never heard of laser training. I told my wife when I slapped a laser on the 10/22 to pull the trigger as she anticipates the laser on the target and not to try and hold it over target because that's what I do and it seems to work. (That was for taking out varmints getting in the chicken coup.) On a pistol though I have used it as a secondary sight to check front sight. Kinda like sighting with front sight then a visual check that, yeah, the laser is on the target as I am squeezing.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/company/gunsite-250-laser-course/

Gun Training with Laser Sights | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    "Don't do anything stupid OK...? You're on video." What a ****ing dumb****.

I hope no one takes what I'm about to say as being cruel, but I really wish the cops would take more idiot dumb****s out of the gene pool. Pulling a gun on a cop? Whether its a BB gun, or a bazooka, chances are high that you're probably gonna die. So just do us all a favor and stay home. Do whatever you want at home. But don't bring innocent people into the mix. If you decide to bring innocent people into the mix...you're probably gonna die. If you have a deathwish, if you're tired of this life, be a man and blow your brains out at home. Not in front of your wife and kids. By yourself. Alone.

I really hope that this incident didn't negatively impact any of the officers involved. I'm really glad that they've both returned to regular duty. Kudos to the both of you.

Erick

Top Bottom