• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Guy said on FB that there is no confidentiality provision in the settlement.
    Interesting.

I'd love to hear more about the settlement [not the money, but what all was agreed to].

I suppose since it didn't go to court there's no case law? That said - I would assume the court that it would have been in would have been 'too small' for it to set any sort of precedent?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Interesting.

I'd love to hear more about the settlement [not the money, but what all was agreed to].

I suppose since it didn't go to court there's no case law? That said - I would assume the court that it would have been in would have been 'too small' for it to set any sort of precedent?

No, this would have been a huge slapdown to St. Joe county. Law is clear, NO pre-emption. No wonder they settled.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    At the most you can be asked to leave or, if you're a student, they could expel you. There are no legal ramifications for carrying at a college, unless you refuse to leave when asked.

Who says I'm not a guy walking across campus? or sitting in on a big lecture? Who says you'd be a student unless you volunteer that information. Just leave if asked. Or better yet. Concealed doesn't mean "in- line of sight" if I had to use it and got expelled for saving my life...well then I could find a better college anyhow. Better the chance to go somewhere else than not graduate due to other possible life ending reasons.

As for OP. Although its wrong, I would comply, then sue for infringement. Seems these people don't respond to logic and actual law on books. So the only real actionable tactic and easiest actually, is to comply (to a degree, situational dependent) and then sue the pants off. When the wallet hurts, people pay attention it seems. Enough lawsuits and somewhere someone will notice and rattle the tree. (hopefully)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I would post it but I deactivated my account a while ago. Someone want to put it up here...Guy?

For anyone thinking of copying the info, they are currently restricting who has access to the info and may not want it listed publicly. I wouldn't post the info here unless it was one of the principals, like Guy or Clay.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    For anyone thinking of copying the info, they are currently restricting who has access to the info and may not want it listed publicly. I wouldn't post the info here unless it was one of the principals, like Guy or Clay.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured, too, which is why I ended up only posting the link. Guess it wasn't really has helpful as I hoped, though. Oh well.

You have to be a member of Clays FB group to read it. Looks like he was a Navy Officer.... :patriot:

He was a Marine Captain who transferred to the Navy with a reduction in rank in order to become a chaplain. :patriot:

Who says I'm not a guy walking across campus? or sitting in on a big lecture? Who says you'd be a student unless you volunteer that information. Just leave if asked. Or better yet. Concealed doesn't mean "in- line of sight" if I had to use it and got expelled for saving my life...well then I could find a better college anyhow. Better the chance to go somewhere else than not graduate due to other possible life ending reasons.

:+1:

As for OP. Although its wrong, I would comply, then sue for infringement. Seems these people don't respond to logic and actual law on books. So the only real actionable tactic and easiest actually, is to comply (to a degree, situational dependent) and then sue the pants off. When the wallet hurts, people pay attention it seems. Enough lawsuits and somewhere someone will notice and rattle the tree. (hopefully)

Read through a little more of the thread: he did what you suggested, and he just recently "won" the case, which is what we're talking about here at the end.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Unfortunately, you must have a facebook account to read it.

[h=5]Guy A. Relford
    [/h]Congratulations to Clay on the successful resolution of this litigation. Because he stood his ground and defended his Constitutional rights, poll workers across the state have been reeducated and Indiana gun owners are much less likely to have their rights infringed at the polls. It was my honor and privilege to represent Capt. Edinger in this case and I am proud to call him my friend as well.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    ---- Quote from mk2ja
    He was a Marine Captain who transferred to the Navy with a reduction in rank in order to become a chaplain. :patriot:
    --------

I am not sure about Clay and his military background, but a Marine/Army/Air Force Captain is the same rank "03" as a navy Lieutenant.

I was a captain in the army and made the mistake of telling people at Great Lakes Navy Base I was a captain. That did not go over well.
    A navy captain is an "06" or same as a full colonel.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    ---- Quote from mk2ja
    --------

I am not sure about Clay and his military background, but a Marine/Army/Air Force Captain is the same rank "03" as a navy Lieutenant.

I was a captain in the army and made the mistake of telling people at Great Lakes Navy Base I was a captain. That did not go over well.
    A navy captain is an "06" or same as a full colonel.

Correct.

O-3 in the Marines = Captain
    O-3 in the Navy = Lieutenant
    O-6 in the Navy = Captain
    O-6 in the Marines = Colonel

When I file a military flight plan, I always have to specify who is a Marine so that they don't roll out the red carpet — literally, they will — for a Marine O-3.

Clay went from O-3 in the Marines to O-1 (Ensign) in the Navy. At least he rates O-1 with X+ years in service.

Top Bottom